New Cinema on The Moor - Light

They've revised their schedule and now intend to open May 2017

I'd imagine the opening date has been delayed is because the builders have to rectify their shoddy 'workmanship' (oxymoron).

As a feature to this building the designers, if you can call them that, have added a sort of feature balcony which I reported in another thread. It's at an angle and none of the panels line up, as on the rest of the building too.

I guess the very competent town planners have noticed this (hardly difficult to miss) and told them to put it right. Let's hope so anyway because it looks like bits are going to fall off.

I'd imagine the opening date has been delayed is because the builders have to rectify their shoddy 'workmanship' (oxymoron).

As a feature to this building the designers, if you can call them that, have added a sort of feature balcony which I reported in another thread. It's at an angle and none of the panels line up, as on the rest of the building too.

I guess the very competent town planners have noticed this (hardly difficult to miss) and told them to put it right. Let's hope so anyway because it looks like bits are going to fall off.

I don't know what that balcony is for but you'd have a job getting me on it. Wonky balconies are so not reassuring.

It means they can show a greater range of films or show the top films more often. If you look at the range and timing of films at Centretainment they out flank every other cinema in the city area by a large margin.

Also: a Cineworld Unlimited card is usable anywhere across the chain (except Central London's four buildings for which the appropriate Card costs more). If I find screening times inconvenient at Broughton Lane, I consider switching to the Chesterfield one just down the A61 and across the county line.

But back on topic...

Do you ever stop moaning? Buidlings are often delayed so they are finished properly. If you dont like it then make a complaint as a concerned citizen.

If it offends you that much, then go elsewhere.

Do you ever stop moaning? Buidlings are often delayed so they are finished properly. If you dont like it then make a complaint as a concerned citizen.

If it offends you that much, then go elsewhere.

I hardly ever moan, but I have a pet hate hate for shoddy workmanship. There's two ways to do a job so far as I'm concerned … properly, or not properly. If you don't feel comfortable skill wise doing it properly, don't bother in the first place. Stand back, watch how a skilled person does the job, and learn. Always stood me in good stead.

So far as I'm concerned, the balcony and other mis-matching panels have been 'finished' as all the tapered gaps have been pointed in at jutting out angles. Take a look, it's patently obvious … it appears dangerous (although, being cantilevered, I don't think it is)

I realise you may not care about the quality of new buildings, and that's your perogative, although I feel that it's a shame that people willingly accept second best (third rate). Maybe I'm wrong and quality doesn't matter anymore.

As for your last point … I have no intention whatsoever of going there.

I hardly ever moan, but I have a pet hate hate for shoddy workmanship. There's two ways to do a job so far as I'm concerned … properly, or not properly. If you don't feel comfortable skill wise doing it properly, don't bother in the first place. Stand back, watch how a skilled person does the job, and learn. Always stood me in good stead.

So far as I'm concerned, the balcony and other mis-matching panels have been 'finished' as all the tapered gaps have been pointed in at jutting out angles. Take a look, it's patently obvious … it appears dangerous (although, being cantilevered, I don't think it is)

I realise you may not care about the quality of new buildings, and that's your perogative, although I feel that it's a shame that people willingly accept second best (third rate). Maybe I'm wrong and quality doesn't matter anymore.

:thumbsup:

I couldn't have said it better myself! ;)

three cheers for alcoblog.:clap::clap::clap:

Have you forwarded your observations/concerns to anyone connected to the development?

Have you forwarded your observations/concerns to anyone connected to the development?

I see little point. Who to report it to? The building inspectors must've 'passed' it as elements are inspected at varying stages. The Council must be happy with it, and the builder's obviously happy, getting paid for a job poorly finished and not on schedule.

To be honest, I rack my brain as to how the job can be so poor. The building is constructed with squarely erected steel girders (hopefully), on top of which pre-made, custom built square cladding panels are bolted … everything at right angles. How on earth can they be fitted so badly in these days of laser levels (Screwfix, £129.99 :thumbsup:) that are fully portable and give pin-point accuracy? A trained monkey could do better.

I see little point. Who to report it to? The building inspectors must've 'passed' it as elements are inspected at varying stages. The Council must be happy with it, and the builder's obviously happy, getting paid for a job poorly finished and not on schedule.

To be honest, I rack my brain as to how the job can be so poor. The building is constructed with squarely erected steel girders (hopefully), on top of which pre-made, custom built square cladding panels are bolted … everything at right angles. How on earth can they be fitted so badly in these days of laser levels (Screwfix, £129.99 :thumbsup:) that are fully portable and give pin-point accuracy? A trained monkey could do better.

I suppose moaning about things on an Internet forum rather than being proactive and doing something about it is a modern disease I need to fully get my head around.

Maybe, just maybe - and I know this is a radical thought - but maybe the contractors, structural engineers, architects and building inspectors know more than you and that's how it's meant to be?

:huh:

Hmmm...

... I think you'll find Mr Alco that monkeys, either fully trained or just on work experience, are no longer allowed on building sites due to Health & Safety regulations! :(