New Cinema on The Moor - Light

100ft ? Was that a typo, my projectors got a good throw on it-the side of the next door neighbours house makes a sizeable screen at night- but 100 ft that's a serious commitment to home cinema!

Why even bother with the cinema?

Extortionate entry, extortionate prices for watered down drinks, and bad food, people being rude/noisy, uncomfortable/unhealthy seats and having to go out into the cold to get home after you have paid the parking JUNTA! ..... best to wait a few days (err I mean months) and get it on home media, that way you can have an incredibly happy experience, at virtually no cost, then just roll into bed and watch the next one tomorrow...

Sorted :hihi:

Go and experience a proper cinema: http://www.penistoneparamount.co.uk/

Reasonable ticket prices (£4.70/£5.70), free parking, real ale you can take to your seat, minimal adverts and ice cream cart during the interval. Just 10-15 minutes from North Sheffield

Edited by Dan_Ashcroft

It wont do very well whether its odeon or not. People prefer centertainment or meadowhall for the cinema normally.

Well, I don't.

Centertainment is a parking nightmare everytime I've been.

Haven't been to Meadowhall in years so couldn't say but a *decent* (i.e not the Odeon) cinema in the city centre will get my business.

Go and experience a proper cinema: http://www.penistoneparamount.co.uk/

Reasonable ticket prices (£4.70/£5.70), free parking, real ale you can take to your seat, minimal adverts and ice cream cart during the interval. Just 10-15 minutes from North Sheffield

Free parking. Real ale.

Useful combination.

---------- Post added 17-08-2016 at 11:05 ----------

Well, I don't.

Haven't been to Meadowhall in years so couldn't say but a *decent* (i.e not the Odeon) cinema in the city centre will get my business.

We currently use Vue most weeks, and cineworld occasionally (parking is a problem unless you go for an early showing).

I'd use a city centre cinema by preference though (if I didn't get free vue/cineworld tickets).

Well, I don't.

The Showroom is a great little independent cinema.

9 screens due to open in Q1 2017.

Wonder how Odeon will fare?

If The Light opens then Odeon will either close or have to refurbish the place and up their game as the screens there are tiny! :loopy:

If The Light opens then Odeon will either close or have to refurbish the place and up their game as the screens there are tiny! :loopy:

Thanks Percy for that stunning bit of analysis.

9 screens due to open in Q1 2017.

As at today, its website http://lightcinemas.com/ourcinemas/ says this:

Opening in Q2 2017, a new 9 screen, all digital cinema for the city centre

Part of the phase 2 development of The Moor by Scottish Widows Investment Property Partnership Trust.

So 'Q2' presumably means a delay until at least April next year.

Thanks Percy for that stunning bit of analysis.

No worries Trigger.

Cinema is one thing that is still worth its investment despite new internet and telly technology that make banks and shops smaller.

Only thing is, its been four weeks since I have last been on the moor and have no intention to go out of my way to go moor often.

As at today, its website http://lightcinemas.com/ourcinemas/ says this:

Opening in Q2 2017, a new 9 screen, all digital cinema for the city centre

Part of the phase 2 development of The Moor by Scottish Widows Investment Property Partnership Trust.

So 'Q2' presumably means a delay until at least April next year.

They've revised their schedule and now intend to open May 2017