Running spotifi with tablet

hi i am wanting to connect a tablet to my existing exposure cd system. purpose to stream music through spotifi.

i dont want a laptop as that will be too bulky so opting for a tablet.

what tablet would be recommended ( i wont buy an ipad) and what connect would i need?

Any android tablet would be fine, just avoid the bottom of the range no name rubbish off eBay and the like.

Your best bet would be a Nexus.

Connector wise it's just a headphone jack out into whatever plugs into your stereo.

Probably one of these http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/230603931188?var=gv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y&device=t&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=65&ff19=0

actually i was looking at the nexus 7 for said job and thank you for your reply . really appreciate it

As far as I'm aware you'll need to be a premium spotify subscriber to use it on a tablet. Don't think the free version is available on tablet. If you are a premium subscriber then ignore me.

yeh you deffo need premium for using on a tablet. And its not as good as when using on a laptop in my experience its not a very user friendly app imo.

yes intending to take a subscription.

.in terms of ap. do you actually need to use an ap.why not just log in from desk top website as you would on a laptop anyway>

thanks for your help guys..

yes intending to take a subscription.

.in terms of ap. do you actually need to use an ap.why not just log in from desk top website as you would on a laptop anyway>

thanks for your help guys..

On a laptop you can use the desktop app or use play.spotify.com to listen from a web browser. I just tried to access play.spotify.com from my Nexus and got a message about the website being in a redirect loop, so it looks like the website won't work on a tablet.

---------- Post added 26-05-2013 at 23:40 ----------

On a laptop you can use the desktop app or use play.spotify.com to listen from a web browser. I just tried to access play.spotify.com from my Nexus and got a message about the website being in a redirect loop, so it looks like the website won't work on a tablet.

Actually if you request desktop site you can log in to play.spotify.com but then it tells you that you need to install flash, which you can't do on the Nexus.

---------- Post added 26-05-2013 at 23:40 ----------

Actually if you request desktop site you can log in to play.spotify.com but then it tells you that you need to install flash, which you can't do on the Nexus.

Yes you can. Just install the flash app. direct link to ics version

Edited by stimpy

I can't play Spotify on the iPad2 either. Tried it through the browser - no joy. Installed the app but it is subscription only and I don't use it enough to justify this.