[SOLD] Debt! Anyone got a good solution?

OMG this is an old thread! Pauly hasn't been a member of SF for a couple of years! :o

There comes a point when reviving an old thread just becomes ridiculous

StarSparkle

Are the daily mail readers ganging up on rich again?:hihi:

My Bold.

If I didn't HAVE to claim benefits as a sole source of income because of being disabled and therefore unable to do full time work, I wouldn't.

I am fully aware that some people on here hate me for being on benefits and consider me a "drain on their taxes", but they all read the Daily Fail and therefore their opinion is irrelevant.

When I am able to I will give you a job mate.

And the daily mail comment - I have read it, but I have never bought it.

When I am able to I will give you a job mate.

And the daily mail comment - I have read it, but I have never bought it.

I'll wait for Rich's million excuses as to why he can't take you up on your offer mate.!

jt

At the risk of being pedantic, the best solution for debt, is not to get into debt problems in t' first place.

I seriously hope you never end up in over your head in debt and find out how tough it can make every aspect of your life.

If you have never been in debt you might think you can make gimpy comments like that and be all smug, quite the opposite actualy.

didnt you say on a post recently your MUM would have killed you if you had spent a few quid on some chocolates, i hope your still at school for your sake pal.

Unless mummy and daddy are zillionaires, these days, with the withdrawal of maintenance grants for students, and the introduction of student loans a few years ago, it's unlikely that any student is going to leave Uni without a significant millstone of debt around their necks.

edit to add,

Pauly, I sincerely hope that you got things sorted out, back when this thread "didn't have whiskers" (:hihi: ) and that you managed to get things onto an even keel financially.

I totally sympathise.

What strikes me about the nature of debt is the sheer hypocrisy of the institutions lending the money. MBNA recently increased my interest on my card from 6.9% to 34.9% (!) which in some scenarios could cripple someone financially. Although the smallprint does advise a 'variable' rate of interest there is no pragmatism here whatsoever. Morevoer, when customes invariably call in to say these payments are unaffordable, it often falls on deaf ears, despite the fact that such rate increases are almost directly linked to the huge financial mismanagement of these institutons, and their desperate attempts to increase/recuop revenue.

At the risk of being pedantic, the best solution for debt, is not to get into debt problems in t' first place.

What a stupid and pathetic comment! If you can’t help someone then keep your opinions to yourself, no one wants to read your tripe!

Mod Note:

As the poster hasn't been active for a couple of years I've decided to lock this thread. If any user feels it is necessary to start up a thread on dept generally, please feel free to do so, or alternatively contribute to any of the credit crunch threads currently running.