Putting Animals Down

Citing a case as evidence of a whole species is nothing short of clutching at straws.

Does the man who threw his child against a wall and killed it represent a lack of compassion in the entire human species?

As humans are animals, and other animals are also animals, we can reasonably deduce (and taking even a small amount of time to watch animals backs this up) that some, lions, for example are nasty, as a some people, some are caring, as are some people.

We can say for certain that a lioness will defend her cub. A lion that attacks a cub doesn't undermine compassion in lions, it shows some lions are devoid of it.

A man who throws a baby against a wall doesn't undermine compassion in humans, it shows some humans are devoid of it.

Perhaps you're getting protection mixed up with compassion.

Perhaps you're getting protection mixed up with compassion.

Perhaps you're clutching at straws again.

Do a search, actually do the most basic quick google search about compassion in the animal kingdom. Amongst the many, many anecdotal examples there are enough scientific studies to show compassion amongst non human animals isn't just down to 'protection'.

Perhaps you're clutching at straws again.

Do a search, actually do the most basic quick google search about compassion in the animal kingdom. Amongst the many, many anecdotal examples there are enough scientific studies to show compassion amongst non human animals isn't just down to 'protection'.

Methinks you're doing the straw clutching.

Have you found a compassionate predator yet.

Come here Bamby now this might hurt a bit as I'm chewing your leg off, but you have my sympathy, and old Leo over there shares in your misfortune, and will be across shortly to alleviate your suffering.

Methinks you're doing the straw clutching.

Have you found a compassionate predator yet.

Come here Bamby now this might hurt a bit as I'm chewing your leg off, but you have my sympathy, and old Leo over there shares in your misfortune, and will be across shortly to alleviate your suffering.

Why are you insisiting on using the term predator?

My argument was regarding animals on the whole.

Ok lets use another species as an example as lions seems too difficult for you.

Dolphins are predators yet they have been known to show compassion to other species.

NOT the ones they are trying to kill for dinner. As I have already pointed out being predatory does not show that your species is incapable of compassion.

IF that was a test for a lack of compassion then it would show conclusively that humans lack compassion.

As we know this is not the case we know that line of argument doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

Populations can still get out of control...

We have plenty of wild.

Out of control by our standards yes and the reason we cull is mainly (if not wholly in the case of the deer) down to the fact that we've removed its natural predator and reduced its habitat.

Why are you insisiting on using the term predator?

My argument was regarding animals on the whole.

Ok lets use another species as an example as lions seems too difficult for you.

Dolphins are predators yet they have been known to show compassion to other species.

NOT the ones they are trying to kill for dinner. As I have already pointed out being predatory does not show that your species is incapable of compassion.

IF that was a test for a lack of compassion then it would show conclusively that humans lack compassion.

As we know this is not the case we know that line of argument doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

What humans perceive as compassion, unless of course you're fluent in Dolphin,

what's that Flipper the sardine gets it, but you'll show kindness to the human.

Human life is far more important than animal life. I'm not suggesting we wipe out an entire species.

No it isn't, we depend on some species more than they depend on use. Life on earth would do just fine without us.

---------- Post added 26-05-2013 at 20:54 ----------

A house is burning down, inside is a dog, a cat and a human baby. You can only save one. Which do you choose?

I'd pick the human every time, even if one of the animals was a pet I adored and loved.

What if the baby is destined to turn into a serial killer and the dog is destined to safe someones life, wouldn’t the dog then be more important.

Why do the animals suffer!!! In most cases it's the owners faults .Leaving young children alone with any animal is madness. The poor girl yesterday died because she didn't follow the correct procedure for feeding the Tigers . As the supervisor said it wasn't the Tigers at fault . All dogs should be trained from a very young age and treated as a dog not a human .If you have ever seen It's me or the dog ,the stupidity of people is so obvious . The dog trainer goes in and all bad habits are wiped out in such a short time . If you cannot be bothered to spend time training then don't get a dog .

I read that yesterday about that poor lass, but it said she just walked into the pen and told no one she was going in. The guy said she had absolutely no reason for being in there, so it did make me wonder if there was an ulterior motive and if she did it deliberately.

Whatever it's an absolute tragedy, but they said they are not destroying the tiger, as it was just doing what it does naturally, sad loss of such a young lady may she RIP, only she'll ever know why she went in there.

What humans perceive as compassion, unless of course you're fluent in Dolphin,

what's that Flipper the sardine gets it, but you'll show kindness to the human.

Of course it's what humans perceive as compassion, because we're human.

Your argument really is scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

Let's look at the facts.

Humans are a species of animal.

What we call 'compassion' is observed elsewhere in the animal kingdom.

Have you got that or is there any part of it that needs clarification?

Of course it's what humans perceive as compassion, because we're human.

Your argument really is scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

Let's look at the facts.

Humans are a species of animal.

What we call 'compassion' is observed elsewhere in the animal kingdom.

Have you got that or is there any part of it that needs clarification?

Unless you speak or are a mind reader of ( insert whatever animal ) you are presuming.

Humans are a species of animal, really Sherlock.

Come on Retep a simple search will find you the evidence you refute.

Come on Retep a simple search will find you the evidence you refute.

I'm not refuting anything, my post was,

I've yet to see a compassionate predator.

But if you can, point me in that direction.

Since which we've had Lions and Dolphins and presumptions.