Fraud asda Chaucer road

Just reading on the South Yorkshire police website the following......

Police are appealing for information after a Sheffield supermarket was subjected to an elaborate fraud.

At around 10.35am on Sunday, 19 May, it is reported that the supermarket in Parson Cross, Sheffield, received a phone call from an individual purporting to be a cash in transit security guard, who would be arriving at the store shortly to collect the takings.

Shortly afterwards, it is believed that a white man driving a blue Mercedes Vito van and wearing a blue security uniform, including a helmet, arrived. He provided identification and the store’s takings were allegedly placed into the rear of the van.

Concerns were raised after a receipt for the takings was not handed over to shop employees, who then telephoned the security company to be told that the man was not one of their staff.

The blue Mercedes van was later found burnt out locally. A silver Mini Cooper with a black roof was reported to be seen leaving the scene. However, it is believed that the silver Mini was also later found burnt out in Sheffield. Both the blue van and silver Mini are reported to have been taken in recent two-in-one burglaries in the city.

Anyone with any information about this incident, or who may have seen the blue van or silver Mini in the local area, should contact South Yorkshire Police on 101 quoting incident number 483 of 19 May 2013.

Surely an inside job?!....where did they get the uniform from?!

What is a two-in-one burglary? Does it mean burgle the house & take the car?

What is a two-in-one burglary? Does it mean burgle the house & take the car?

Yes I think so.... This was quoted from syp website

Someone working in the store has given info to the gang.

SLICK!! refreshing change to having guns and knives waved in your face, like my poor brother had to suffer a few years ago...

Sounds like something from a guy Richie movie :o

I love snatch ;)

I love snatch ;)

That'll all change after about 8 pints :hihi:

Just reading on the South Yorkshire police website the following......

Police are appealing for information after a Sheffield supermarket was subjected to an elaborate fraud.

At around 10.35am on Sunday, 19 May, it is reported that the supermarket in Parson Cross, Sheffield, received a phone call from an individual purporting to be a cash in transit security guard, who would be arriving at the store shortly to collect the takings.

Shortly afterwards, it is believed that a white man driving a blue Mercedes Vito van and wearing a blue security uniform, including a helmet, arrived. He provided identification and the store’s takings were allegedly placed into the rear of the van.

Concerns were raised after a receipt for the takings was not handed over to shop employees, who then telephoned the security company to be told that the man was not one of their staff.

The blue Mercedes van was later found burnt out locally. A silver Mini Cooper with a black roof was reported to be seen leaving the scene. However, it is believed that the silver Mini was also later found burnt out in Sheffield. Both the blue van and silver Mini are reported to have been taken in recent two-in-one burglaries in the city.

Anyone with any information about this incident, or who may have seen the blue van or silver Mini in the local area, should contact South Yorkshire Police on 101 quoting incident number 483 of 19 May 2013.

Surely an inside job?!....where did they get the uniform from?!

Oh,i hope they remembered to take the money out first.

I love snatch ;)

lots of us do, but please this is a family forum:hihi: