"Gurner Milan" in the star

Our belovered chairman Mr Manderic will today at 2pm give yet another interview on Radio Sheffield .

This is in line with the handsome chaps policy of keeping us informed as to what the latest is at our Championship soccer club.

How refreshing it is in this day and age to have a gaffer who goes out of his way to make sure that there is no shenanigans going of behind closed doors and behaves in a manner worthy of Sheffield's foremost footi club.

Sid is doing the interview on the radio for two reasons,

1) so you can't see his craggy face!

2) so you can't see him smirking and/or crossing his fingers when he tells you how it's going LOL

Our belovered chairman Mr Manderic will today at 2pm give yet another interview on Radio Sheffield .

This is in line with the handsome chaps policy of keeping us informed as to what the latest is at our Championship soccer club.

How refreshing it is in this day and age to have a gaffer who goes out of his way to make sure that there is no shenanigans going of behind closed doors and behaves in a manner worthy of Sheffield's foremost footi club.

You deserve a lifetime ban for using the word soccer:D

Love to....

Yes I second that fella, you'll turn out different like most of us did, as people create mental pictures of people. I think the biggest surprise was Frank, he won't mind me saying this, he was brave to come & a thoroughly charming young man to meet, and talk to.

Nothing like his persona on this site, everyone got on not a bit of trouble apart from the KH who threw his crutches on floor, nothing to do with our party I may add.

People will find that the Owls are a great bunch, and Monza is a an absolute diamond geezer.

Yes I second that fella, you'll turn out different like most of us did, as people create mental pictures of people. I think the biggest surprise was Frank, he won't mind me saying this, he was brave to come & a thoroughly charming young man to meet, and talk to.

Nothing like his persona on this site, everyone got on not a bit of trouble apart from the KH who threw his crutches on floor, nothing to do with our party I may add.

People will find that the Owls are a great bunch, and Monza is a an absolute diamond geezer.

I think anyone who gets upset about the banter on here,really need to firstly lighten up,but more importantly,have a look on the lillies dream thread to see how owls and blades come together when its really needed.

I think anyone who gets upset about the banter on here,really need to firstly lighten up,but more importantly,have a look on the lillies dream thread to see how owls and blades come together when its really needed.

I'll second that matey boy

“Gurner Milan” in The Star.

When it comes to finance, the American chairman of Sheffield Wednesday Milan Mandarie, is either very lucky or he is a wizard. In Yugoslavia or in America he always seemed to come up smelling of roses. He never seemed to stay in one place for long but got what he wanted, namely success and lots of profit. A successful businessman.

This has continued in the world of football in Europe. Firstly he bought Charleroi S.C> in Belgium. After selling them he moved on to OGC Nice in France, then sold them in 1998.

On arrival to British shores he bought Portsmouth (blue and white kit) in 1998 then sold them in 2006. Travelling north he arrived at Leicester City (blue and white kit) 2006, then sold them in 2009. Travelling north again he arrived at Sheffield Wednesday (blue and white kit) in 2010.

In July 2013 Sheffield Wednesday are to be playing a friendly match at home against Glasgow Rangers (blue and white kit). When Milan and Gordon Smith (Rangers chairman) have a natter in Wednesday’s boardroom after the match I’d love to be a fly on the wall having an earwig. Perhaps Milan has designs on travelling northwards again. Don’t forget, he has said the Owls are for sale at the right price.

As regards to the above mentioned match, I hope for Sheffield Wednesday’s financial sake that the Rangers fans realise that the match is to be played at Hillsborough Stadium, and not at Hillsborough Castle. I am tipping Owls to win 2-0 with Willie Henderson scoring a brace in the second half, and Chris Woods to save a penalty, also in the second half.

If Milan stays at Hillsborough for the coming season and gives Dave Jones some decent dosh to spend I can actually see them doing well. Dave Jones is a damned good manager (even though he’s mardy) who did well at Stockport, Southampton, Wolves (luv’em) and Cardiff, but was badly let down by his chairmen at those clubs, except Stockport.

I am against foreign ownership though, because most of these buyers are only interested in laundering their money. The money used to buy our clubs is often accumulated from slave labour in their own countries, and is often blood bespattered. Many European countries don’t entertain foreign ownership.

Football fans are no longer supporters, but customers. They are being exploited and taken for granted.

Michel de Notredame.

Zakes. Sometimes A.K.A. Gozza 85.

“Gurner Milan” in The Star.

When it comes to finance, the American chairman of Sheffield Wednesday Milan Mandarie, is either very lucky or he is a wizard. In Yugoslavia or in America he always seemed to come up smelling of roses. He never seemed to stay in one place for long but got what he wanted, namely success and lots of profit. A successful businessman.

This has continued in the world of football in Europe. Firstly he bought Charleroi S.C> in Belgium. After selling them he moved on to OGC Nice in France, then sold them in 1998.

On arrival to British shores he bought Portsmouth (blue and white kit) in 1998 then sold them in 2006. Travelling north he arrived at Leicester City (blue and white kit) 2006, then sold them in 2009. Travelling north again he arrived at Sheffield Wednesday (blue and white kit) in 2010.

In July 2013 Sheffield Wednesday are to be playing a friendly match at home against Glasgow Rangers (blue and white kit). When Milan and Gordon Smith (Rangers chairman) have a natter in Wednesday’s boardroom after the match I’d love to be a fly on the wall having an earwig. Perhaps Milan has designs on travelling northwards again. Don’t forget, he has said the Owls are for sale at the right price.

As regards to the above mentioned match, I hope for Sheffield Wednesday’s financial sake that the Rangers fans realise that the match is to be played at Hillsborough Stadium, and not at Hillsborough Castle. I am tipping Owls to win 2-0 with Willie Henderson scoring a brace in the second half, and Chris Woods to save a penalty, also in the second half.

If Milan stays at Hillsborough for the coming season and gives Dave Jones some decent dosh to spend I can actually see them doing well. Dave Jones is a damned good manager (even though he’s mardy) who did well at Stockport, Southampton, Wolves (luv’em) and Cardiff, but was badly let down by his chairmen at those clubs, except Stockport.

I am against foreign ownership though, because most of these buyers are only interested in laundering their money. The money used to buy our clubs is often accumulated from slave labour in their own countries, and is often blood bespattered. Many European countries don’t entertain foreign ownership.

Football fans are no longer supporters, but customers. They are being exploited and taken for granted.

Michel de Notredame.

Zakes. Sometimes A.K.A. Gozza 85.

But Zakes! even when the owners are English they move the company's abroad and govern from afar, at least old Milan is hands on living here and mixing with the lads.

"dodgy old sid" "hands on" and "mixing with the lads" oh errr,i don't think we need any more info thanks,this is a family forum,haaa haaa haarrr

Perhaps Carlisle should get some advice from the Blades' management, who are the acknowledged experts when it comes to compensation.

---------- Post added 10-07-2013 at 12:22 ----------

Oh, yeah... ;) ... nearly forgot!

Totally agree about the banter Gazza, but as we know, there a few people out there who have to take it a step too far and end up spoiling some decent threads....

Totally agree about the banter Gazza, but as we know, there a few people out there who have to take it a step too far and end up spoiling some decent threads....

Eh up longy mate,hope you have recovered from the, owls in the park event:)

Eh up longy mate,hope you have recovered from the, owls in the park event:)

They let him out of quarantine earlier this morning said the antibiotics saved him and warned him that highly pathogenic avian influenza should be avoided at all costs in the future:hihi: