PS 4 v Xbox One

xbox one any day

You say that that like you have already played and compared both.

What features of the xbox one made your mind up?

PS4: essentially same specs as XB1, but now confirmed as backwards-compatible with PS3 (XB1 is not with XB360), allows 'free' pre-owned/2nd hand (XB1 does not), no online "tie-up" of games (mandatory on XB1), £100 cheaper RRP than XB1 <etc.>

Sony is pwning MS big-time. At least insofar as "gamers' gamers" are concerned.

So far, 'on paper', and much as I've always really enjoyed Halo and Forza...looks like a return to Sony for me, after many years indeed.

I've said it before on here, but it just reinforces my feeling that Redmond is going to make a lot of "commercial U-turns" in the near future.

Edited by L00b

PS4 here also.

I'm certainly not a dedicated single console person and believe both the big ones, Sony and Xbox have always had good and bad points. I'm not happy at all with the new Xbox's login requirements or the lack of backward compatibility and used games. People have spent a lot of money on games for their 360's and for MS to just say "well don't worry, just spend it again" is plain taking the p**s. I'm sure the exact final details will tell a different story but as it stands on the first glance, Sony have done better.

Lets hope they both get into a huge price and hardware war..... ending in a better deal for us.. the end user.

Xbox One advantages:

• TV integration
  • Controller looks nicer
  • Kinect2 seems more powerful then the PS4’s camera bar

PS4 advantages:

• Considerably more powerful than the Xbox One
  • $100 cheaper
  • Subjectively nicer looking console
  • Supports Indy developers without having they need to sign up with a publisher
  • No online requirements whatsoever
  • Games can be bought used, traded, lend, and sold without limitations
  • Far greater value for Playstation Plus. PS+ offers more games per month and Xbox One will only offer free games until the Xbox One hits the market. Both Xbox Live and PS+ will be required for online play.
  • Controller has more features

Edited by BEDROCK

Good summary article on MCV here.

Xbox One advantages:

• TV integration
  • Controller looks nicer
  • Kinect2 seems more powerful then the PS4’s camera bar

PS4 advantages:

• Considerably more powerful than the Xbox One
  • $100 cheaper
  • Subjectively nicer looking console
  • Supports Indy developers without having they need to sign up with a publisher
  • No online requirements whatsoever
  • Games can be bought used, traded, lend, and sold without limitations
  • Far greater value for Playstation Plus. PS+ offers more games per month and Xbox One will only offer free games until the Xbox One hits the market. Both Xbox Live and PS+ will be required for online play.
  • Controller has more features

I don't think thats quite correct:

Both systems will use an 8-core APU based on AMD's Jaguar tech - I'd expect them to be very similar in performance.

Both systems look ugly as sin.

The Xbox TV integration will be complete rubbish, and I do mean rubbish - it won't be able to record programs for example.

I’ve been a massive Xbox fan since the first console, skipped the PS3 in favour of the 360, however I will now be going back to Sony. For me there’s too many restrictions on the Xbox One. I just want to be able to put a disc in and play a game. I don’t care for any TV extras, Skype, Netflix etc. I think the biggest deal breaker for me though is the whole Xbox’s need to be connected to the internet at least once every 24 hours otherwise it just becomes an expensive Blu Ray player until a connection is made again.

I currently don’t have broadband at the moment, I will again in the future but what happens if the connection breaks for whatever reason? Or it takes a few weeks to install/fix? I’m left with not being able to play games.

Seems crazy to me.

I've said it before on here, but it just reinforces my feeling that Redmond is going to make a lot of "commercial U-turns" in the near future.
Turns out it was a very near future: official M$ annoucement

:hihi:

Doesnt the PS4 have a kinect type device too??

Well, what will you opt for, specification wise the Sony has it but can Microsoft build on its hardcore fan base, the jury's out.

Now apart from Sony having the faster RAM it is pretty much identical, now if Sony could offer a 1 terabyte disk drive then Microsoft will be DOA...

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-9020_7-57585484-222/xbox-one-vs-playstation-4/

PlayStation's graphics processor is also said to be about 50% more powerful, so it should have a clear advantage there.

I'll be going with PS4 this time. Microsoft's whole approach with Kinect and the TV stuff (which probably won't work here), plus their original ideas about second hand games, has put me right off.