Celebrity to attend open day

Hi

i'm having a open day at my work place and i'm trying to think of someone who i could ask to attend to make it a bit more of a special day,have been trying to get the chuckle brothers but im having no luck, a celebrity or a well known person, i just cant think of who I could ask..ideas would be very much appreciated, thanx :confused:

Where is your place of work? depending on what/where it is would depend on the level of celebrity that would want to be involved in the event.

it is a care home ,the 21st of june is care home uk open day where people get the chance to come into our homes and see for themselves what its like in a care home, probably not what people expect, our home is a happy,clean and safe place to live,the chuckle brothers would have been good fun,

Hi

i'm having a open day at my work place and i'm trying to think of someone who i could ask to attend to make it a bit more of a special day,have been trying to get the chuckle brothers but im having no luck, a celebrity or a well known person, i just cant think of who I could ask..ideas would be very much appreciated, thanx :confused:

What about Pete Mckee, he might even paint a mural on one of the walls if you ask nicely.

Why a celeb? Why take the light from the people you could really make the day about?

Without doing all your entertainments planners job for them, why don't you make it fun for the elderly residents?

A sports day or maybe a play or something, something that the residents can get involved in and have fun and planned properly could be fun and entertaining for their families and the public too.

Just a thought...

Thank you for your suggestions. We do have other things going off, we have a show ,we have a pamper corner for the ladies, we have a reminiscence session planned, just thought a celebrity might attract more people to come to our home for a coffee and a chat.

Why not give Radio Sheffield a call, they might send someone to do a broadcast from there.

Why a celeb? Why take the light from the people you could really make the day about?

Without doing all your entertainments planners job for them, why don't you make it fun for the elderly residents?

A sports day or maybe a play or something, something that the residents can get involved in and have fun and planned properly could be fun and entertaining for their families and the public too.

Just a thought...

Zimmer races? Stanner surfing?:hihi:

Why not give Radio Sheffield a call, they might send someone to do a broadcast from there.

this is a good idea - get local radio/press involved

Give Sean Bean a ring, he is Sheffield's most famous celebrity.

21st of June? Left it a bit late to book a proper celeb.

You might have some luck with pseudo-celebs, so google for celebs that would attend the opening of an envelope.

Just a thought...

Killjoy :hihi: