Three nights of race riots in Sweden.

Population density isn't the problem.
I did not claim that it was "the" problem, I posted that it contributes to it.

There is a difference.

Inequality is

<...>

the people in the poor housing with little job security and poor wages are the young and immigrants.

Broadly in agreement with that, but it is unlikely to change/improve any time soon, or in our generation.

Immigrant or not, if you're not born with wealth (however moderate), study diligently and work hard, and inasmuch as possible -and regardless- push your offspring to study still harder and to 'professionalise' still further.

This no magic recipe or partisan opinion, it has been the lot for immigrants (from whichever provenance) and 'paupers' alike for centuries, pretty much wherever you look across Europe and in the US. Nobody handed you a living on plate then, it's only reverting back to 'normal' after a couple of decades of social meddling, excesses and laisse-faire by successive Gvts (in the UK as much as elsewhere, i.e. wherever there are such "problems" nowadays).

My immigrant grandfather (who did not speak much German or French at all) was driving ponies, then locos, in Italian, then German, then Belgian, then French pits.

My father graduated as a mechanical engineer, eventually set up companies, and it wasn't his parents that put him through Uni in the 60s or boot-strapped him in business.

I am an immigrant, legal professional qualified in two European countries (one of which the UK) and at the European level, and it wasn't my parents (who don't speak much Enlish at all) who put me through my further education and later training (part-Uni, mostly on-the-job).

FWIW, I'd been at a "good" school, 'made to' work every school holiday from age 14 on building sites, at the lowest post (dogsbody and site cleaner) on the lowest pay, to build savings. My daughter will be 'made to' follow the same ethic, I don't regret to say, and hopefully she'll do still better than me.

Edited by L00b

How many developed countries with relatively homogenous populations (Japan, for instance) regularly have riots?

How many developed countries have a homogeneous population?

The last riots in the UK were by white Irishmen who pretend they're British. The last ones in France were by anti-gay marriage protestors from the political right. The last ones in Spain were by anti-austerity demonstrators. In Germany the most recent ones were at anti-globalisation demonstrations and between the far-right and far-left. In the Netherlands the last riot was when a party advertised on Facebook was invaded by thousands of gate-crashers.

The last riot I remember in Sheffield was when Wednesday got relegated 3 years ago although some Millwall fans trashed a tram last year.

Now how many of these were race riots?

The london riots were all done by the irish.Are you sure on this,i thought they were from all walks of life.

the European countries usually reckoned to be in the plus column on the Nazi Stormfront-type websites as being the most homogenous and 'white' in Europe are usually

Iceland - financial crisis riots, 2009

Poland - far right riots, 2012

Belarus - riots following disputed election result, 2010

Finland - do not go in for rioting

Maybe it will be good for society to collapse and for murders to be carried out on our streets by the disenfranchised and downtrodden.

All because the lazy can't be bothered to get jobs and want free houses?

The london riots were all done by the irish.Are you sure on this,i thought they were from all walks of life.

LeMaquis was referring to the recent rioting in Belfast, where a load of halfwits rioted for weeks in a silly argument about a flag.

Population density isn't the problem. Inequality is, primarily in land access/control/tenure/ownership.

So if you have a group of well housed people with secure employment and a group of casually employed people with no job security living in poor housing and overcrowded properties you ask for trouble.

This is the case in many places, and the people in the poor housing with little job security and poor wages are the young and immigrants.

Maybe the police in Redbridge could help you to ignore your conscience and compassion.

Makes you wonder just how low and hateful some people are when you read this storey

Population density isn't the problem. Inequality is, primarily in land access/control/tenure/ownership.

So if you have a group of well housed people with secure employment and a group of casually employed people with no job security living in poor housing and overcrowded properties you ask for trouble.

This is the case in many places, and the people in the poor housing with little job security and poor wages are the young and immigrants.

Population density and inequality go hand in hand; high population densities usually have the highest inequality. The only way to have high population density and equality is for everyone to have nothing.

Population density and inequality go hand in hand; high population densities usually have the highest inequality. The only way to have high population density and equality is for everyone to have nothing.

That's a self evidently false statement. You excel at them.

That's a self evidently false statement. You excel at them.

I will be happy to change my mind when you tell me which densely populated wealthy society as wealth equality.

Edited by MrSmith

Mostly communist countries.

LeMaquis was referring to the recent rioting in Belfast, where a load of halfwits rioted for weeks in a silly argument about a flag.

I had forgotten all about that.Bad things happen that often nowadays that i have learnt to ignore it.