Proposed NEXT store Public Inquiry

This decision was always going to happen. Every council employee who was involved in the NEXT planning refusal has to be sacked Now. After reading the findings of the Inspector im disgusted at the actions of a council who should be acting in the best interests of the residents of the city but instead act in the self interest of the council.

Congratulations to NEXT .

I have never worked for he council, I am happily retired and i do not belong to any party but I do find your comments rather one sided.

Last week a government inspector overturned a decision made by a council about a proposed bail hostel in Stocksbridge and you were objecting about the decision. This one is OK then?

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=9881070&postcount=74

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penistone999

This decision was always going to happen. Every council employee who was involved in the NEXT planning refusal has to be sacked Now. After reading the findings of the Inspector im disgusted at the actions of a council who should be acting in the best interests of the residents of the city but instead act in the self interest of the council.

Congratulations to NEXT .

I have never worked for he council, I am happily retired and i do not belong to any party but I do find your comments rather one sided.

Last week a government inspector overturned a decision made by a council about a proposed bail hostel in Stocksbridge and you were objecting about the decision. This one is OK then?

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/show...0&postcount=74

no one suggested you did/do work for scc, so thats a bit of a strange comment to make??, this was about a store, a lot different to a bail hostel!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

You do realise people, that the Council with probably appeal against the decision, therefore costing us more money and time.

Our Council are absolutely rubbish, can't accept that they are wrong sometimes (most of the time)

I have been to many Spanish and Potugese towns and cities and never seen anyone pay for parking. Is it another British disease?

I have been to many Spanish and Potugese towns and cities and never seen anyone pay for parking. Is it another British disease?

Do you think Britain is the only country where you have to pay to park?

You always pay for parking! Land isn't free and any company with "free" parking passes it back to the consumer one way or another.

That's the least of our worries with the jokers at SCC and retail planning.

Do you think Britain is the only country where you have to pay to park?

I am stating categorically that I have been to many European towns and cities and have never seen anyone charged for parking.:rant:

I cannot see how the council can refuse IKEA now. The councils planning policy concerning out of town retail development has been proved to be a failure , and if they refuse IKEA any appeal would win after this NEXT decision.

Let's hope not, it's about time the council realise this will bring business into the city. Look at Leeds, they have stores and big out of town retail sites AND a fantastic city centre, to shop in.

you and i know that but scc make up planning policy to suit their own needs as proved by next!!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Edited by Earthly

Serious question to you - If there were no, or very very few black minority ethnic people in Sheffield, would you give a toss about any of this Next/Ikea business??

I put it to you that it is race and immigration that is your MAIN concern in life, and you are desperate to see the labour party, that caused the mass immigration, out, both at local and national level, but you eventually came to realise that you're not going to convince enough people to vote against Labour on that issue, so you've changed tac and decided instead to get them on their(alleged) incompetency regarding Next, Ikea and car parking etc, in the hope that that will do the trick and see a Tory or UKIP council, that you don't REALLY have anything in common with but they will at least keep the darkies out.

Am I right or am I right?

What???? How did a discussion about a SHOP attract a comment about race and immigration? I am a tad confused, are you saying that Next attract only immigrants or non-immigrants?

It is such a STUPID comment!!!!!

BTW, to answer your last question, you are wrong, VERY wrong

What???? How did a discussion about a SHOP attract a comment about race and immigration? I am a tad confused, are you saying that Next attract only immigrants or non-immigrants?

It is such a STUPID comment!!!!!

BTW, to answer your last question, you are wrong, VERY wrong

My post is pretty self explanatory, and I think you'll find that its right. :nod:

I am stating categorically that I have been to many European towns and cities and have never seen anyone charged for parking.:rant:

I recall that you have to pay to Park in Cartagena, San Sebastian and Peurta Banus in Spain and in my home town in Italy parking is metered from 8.00 to 20.00 at comparable prices to here and that is if you are lucky to find a space