Proposed NEXT store Public Inquiry

i hope to god that ikea gets passed or else its going to cost taxpayers 100'000's again as they WILL appeal if refused!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I would have thought that in granting Next permission, any hopes the council has of saying no to Ikea have been well and truly put to bed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawny1970

i hope to god that ikea gets passed or else its going to cost taxpayers 100'000's again as they WILL appeal if refused!!

I would have thought that in granting Next permission, any hopes the council has of saying no to Ikea have been well and truly put to bed.

you and i know that but scc make up planning policy to suit their own needs as proved by next!!!

They wouldn't last a minute in the private sector.....,

I work in the private sector and some of the senior managers I have worked for have been next to useless.

You have to laugh when the council come out with this: "The council had said the development went against planning policy and would have a negative impact on the city centre." I really dislike Meadowhall and rarely go there, however when the council puts parking charges up in the City centre do they really believe people will continue to pay rather than go to the shopping centre.

Sadly the council in between a rock and a hard place, it is government policy to support city centre development and refuse out of town development, it is called town centre first.

The BBC website had an article about how Mr Pickles policy is failing.

"The Town Centre First planning policy, which came into effect last March, is supposed to require planning authorities to encourage development within town centres before looking out at out-of-town sites."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23010313

When the council follow government guideline, government inspectors overturn the decision.

plamner1 quiet today about next winning appeal!!!, nuff said!!

BTW the appeal was not won by Next, it was won by British Land "The British Land Company plc is one of the largest property development and investment companies in the United Kingdom" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Land

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawny1970

BTW the appeal was not won by Next, it was won by British Land "The British Land Company plc is one of the largest property development and investment companies in the United Kingdom" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Land

the appeal was to see if next could build and open a store, that was won so next won, no point splitting hairs or else this whole thread is wrong in your eyes, we all know bottom line scc got their butt kicked!!

Wonder how much of our money they will spend defending the appeal by Ikea that is bound to follow.......

This decision was always going to happen. Every council employee who was involved in the NEXT planning refusal has to be sacked Now. After reading the findings of the Inspector im disgusted at the actions of a council who should be acting in the best interests of the residents of the city but instead act in the self interest of the council.

Congratulations to NEXT .

I cannot see how the council can refuse IKEA now. The councils planning policy concerning out of town retail development has been proved to be a failure , and if they refuse IKEA any appeal would win after this NEXT decision.

I think that I am right in saying that others are affected to by the appeal hearing. There's a proposed Sytner car dealership along with a Costa Coffee outlet. It's not all about a Next Home and Garden store.