Darnall William hill gangs of imigrants

Gone ....?

Edited by robbobowl

the issue is that if they are not doing anything illegal they cannot move them on, i recently spoke to the local councilor for the darnall area and these words came from him. i have lived in darnall my entire life and i now no longer visit my local area if i can help it ad definately not after 4.30pm! and it may get worse as there is 2 more betting shops planning to open up in this area, there are objections being out in to the council for this but not sure it will stop them :(

Edited by katy1981

the issue is that if they are not doing anything illegal they cannot move them on, i recently spoke to the local councilor for the darnall area and these words came from him. i have lived in darnall my entire life and i now no longer visit my local area if i can help it ad definately not after 4.30pm! and it may get worse as there is 2 more betting shops planning to open up in this area, there are objections being out in to the council for this but not sure it will stop them :(

I feel for you. We had cause to go down Darnell last week and I was absolutely gobsmacked at the filthy litter filled streets. It's like being in a third world country. In the past Darnell was an area where people had a sense of pride in their environment, sweeping around their homes, scrubbing steps and cleaning windows. What is happening to parts of our city ? It is a crying shame !

. In the past Darnell was an area where people had a sense of pride in their environment, sweeping around their homes, scrubbing steps and cleaning windows. What is happening to parts of our city ? It is a crying shame !

Is that in the 1920s?

I feel for you. We had cause to go down Darnell last week and I was absolutely gobsmacked at the filthy litter filled streets. It's like being in a third world country. In the past Darnell was an area where people had a sense of pride in their environment, sweeping around their homes, scrubbing steps and cleaning windows. What is happening to parts of our city ? It is a crying shame !

im fortunate to live further up, just off prince of wales road im kind of inbetween darnall and littledale on an estate thats mainly filled with elderly people in bungalows so its rather quiet and off the beaten track. I can access all bus routes by just skirting the edge of darnall without going into the main part so i think im more fortunate than the other residents. :|

The EU restrictions for Romanians & Bulgarians are lifted on the 31st December 2013.

Gonna be interesting.

This says it all, roll on retirement and let me get out of this dump!

---------- Post added 22-05-2013 at 12:04 ----------

The EU restrictions for Romanians & Bulgarians are lifted on the 31st December 2013.

Gonna be interesting.

I have visited these two countries and believe me I can understand why they want to come here unfortunately!

Gonna be interesting.

Gonna be crowded.

Is that in the 1920s?

Yes, it probably was. And in the 1930s, 1940s and later. It was still happening in the 1960s especially on Fridays when the hardworking housewives would be cleaning and polishing and making their homes into "little palaces" ready for the weekend. There was a great deal of pride and sense of community in areas such as Darnall. What a shame it's been taken over by people who show so little domestic care and pride, but would rather flaunt their bling and their flash cars.