Is nothing safe??

I have woken up this morning to find the dpf filter which is part of the exhaust system has been nicked of 2 of my Mercedes sprinters. I rung the police and they are not surprised as this happens regularly. It is going to cost me £2500+vat for each van. I was also told by the police spare tyres are also being nicked. What kind of a world are we living in that you cannot leave leave anything anywhere without it been a target for theft.

I have woken up this morning to find the dpf filter which is part of the exhaust system has been nicked of 2 of my Mercedes sprinters. I rung the police and they are not surprised as this happens regularly. It is going to cost me £2500+vat for each van. I was also told by the police spare tyres are also being nicked. What kind of a world are we living in that you cannot leave leave anything anywhere without it been a target for theft.

Same one as we always have done.Some people are criminals,always will be.

There are £250 bicycle suspension parts that disappear in 60 seconds.

My friend cannot leave his bicycle anywhere, not even locked.

What area was this in? I had the spare wheel stolen off my Transit last night in S12. I heard something about 1am and kept looking out of the window, but obviously they were under the van so I didn't see them. Totally gutted I didn't get up and go out to investigate properly. Time to invest in some CCTV I think.

People have been stealing catalytic converters for years.

The DPF is worth more money so there's no wonder people are robbing them.

A world where there is little social justice, employment, hope or opportunity.

A world where the haves are favoured and those who need help are ignored and pushed further into poverty, desperation and isolation.

If you believe this situation of a worsenning environment is a recent phoenomena then consider why.

Greed runs riot, there is no social cohesion, any people are left to fend for themselves. Hence, theft is on the increase.

If the boot were on the other foot, what would you do? No chance of a job, trapped in poverty, desperate to make ends meet. I'm unconvinced you'd allow the kids to go hungry.

It doesn't make it right but it does go some way to explaining why such crimes have risen.

When my grandad was employed his generation were working class but responsible and decent. Now we have an under class, made by a self fish society that exluded them, and what we get is to be expected.

Give people hope, a decent standard of living, a raised self esteem and a place of work and I'll give you a van with it's exhaust untouched.

People have been stealing catalytic converters for years.

The DPF is worth more money so there's no wonder people are robbing them.

Cat's are full to the brim of precious metals are they not such as gold, silver etc.

Not sure what a DPF is but if more than a cat I assume they also contain metals that attract the odd scumbag.

What area was this in? I had the spare wheel stolen off my Transit last night in S12. I heard something about 1am and kept looking out of the window, but obviously they were under the van so I didn't see them. Totally gutted I didn't get up and go out to investigate properly. Time to invest in some CCTV I think.

my neighbour had 2 wheels nicked off his transit last week.got an idea who did it but proving it is a different thing.:suspect:

Cat's are full to the brim of precious metals are they not such as gold, silver etc.

Not sure what a DPF is but if more than a cat I assume they also contain metals that attract the odd scumbag.

Cats are full of all sorts, I weighed an old one in a while ago and was told there was platinum inside it.

I think there's also platinum in the DPF, probably some other exotic stuff as well.

A CCTV will cost in the region of £1000 - but you only need one.

Particulate filters are sold secondhand on Ebay for a lot of money.the modern diesel cars all seem to have them its soposed to help the envirement:rolleyes: they get full of contamination and need replacing periodically at an exorbitant cost,just another money spinner in my opinion.modern cars seem to be a lot more reliable and the manufactures are missing out on selling parts seems they have invented this rip off to get a few more quid in ,with the new MOTs you can not remove anything that the vehicle was manufactured with so when it bungs up and the warning light comes on you have to pay out and buy a new DPF.my mate had the prop shaft stolen off his Transit not long ago.

A world where there is little social justice, employment, hope or opportunity.

A world where the haves are favoured and those who need help are ignored and pushed further into poverty, desperation and isolation.

If you believe this situation of a worsenning environment is a recent phoenomena then consider why.

Greed runs riot, there is no social cohesion, any people are left to fend for themselves. Hence, theft is on the increase.

If the boot were on the other foot, what would you do? No chance of a job, trapped in poverty, desperate to make ends meet. I'm unconvinced you'd allow the kids to go hungry.

It doesn't make it right but it does go some way to explaining why such crimes have risen.

When my grandad was employed his generation were working class but responsible and decent. Now we have an under class, made by a self fish society that exluded them, and what we get is to be expected.

Give people hope, a decent standard of living, a raised self esteem and a place of work and I'll give you a van with it's exhaust untouched.

That all well and good but I am that sort of person your talking about and i would never think of stealing anything, not even from a shop. its the food banks for me and if anything its going to have to be the TV license that gets the boot. so what makes it right for people similar to me to nick things from decent hard-working people?.. you talk about greed and its obvious that its the criminals who are the greedy ones in this situation...