A kitten or 2..

I live in sheffield 8 and really want a cat or 2! I will pay if needs be but would rather "adopt" I can offer an amazing, secure and fantastic home to any cat regardless of age:rolleyes:

just look in the local paper there are hundreds it will cost you a fortune to adopt

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Go to the Sheffield Cat Shelter at Broomhill, they have kitten's in now. Adoption is £70 but the kits are neutered and microchipped.

Try the cats protection, we rescued a lovely cat from the lady in dore who runs the cat protection from her home. She's always looking for good homes for her cats

Maybe if you go onto the 'Search Forums' link on the left of the page & look up previous threads discussing the pros & cons of 'paying for' and 'free' kittens/cats it will help. There is a lot of excellent & beneficial advice on previous threads that give infomation on where to get your pet, and advice about the committment, responsibitlity & any planned for/unforseen costs to expect when taking on a pet.

Pet Section is where you need to be :wink:

Subject to home check we have kittens of various sizes.

All are rescues that we are looking after.

Edited by heavenlyarts

I live in sheffield 8 and really want a cat or 2! I will pay if needs be but would rather "adopt" I can offer an amazing, secure and fantastic home to any cat regardless of age:rolleyes:

I don't know if you're an experienced cat owner or not. There are pros and cons to getting a cat from a charity or buying one of the "hundreds" (really?) in the local paper. Or even getting one for free. If you adopt from a charity, it will cost you. But for that money you'll get a cat that has had a health check, has been spayed and vaccinated and is in the best health it can be. If you take one from a private individual, chances are none of those things have been done and that can end up costing you very dearly indeed in terms of vet fees etc. A couple of people in the pets section have been caught out like that. Come and speak to the people there. In the meantime, apart from Cats Protection which has already been mentioned, there's the Sheffield Cats Shelter

http://www.thesheffieldcatsshelter.org/

Or the RSPCA at Attercliffe.

http://rspcasheffield.homeip.net/cgi-bin/createlist.py?animalname=&species=Cat&sex=

& lots of smaller local charities too. Good luck!

Try the Cats' Shelter in Travis Place, Broomhall (possibly the same as mentioned above?).

We got four of the five cats we've owned from there- you may need a little patience, and be prepared to queue early to get the one you want, since they don't allow pre-booking (I don't think anyone does).

Prices suggested above are about right, but this includes all jabs & neutering.

http://www.thesheffieldcatsshelter.org/

I can second (or third) the Sheffield Cat Shelter, CPL local branches or the RSPCA on Attercliffe - make room for some more dumped from irresponsible owners allowing their cats to constantly churn out more kittens for a tenner.

spay and neuter - save lives