22 Magicbus route from Rotherham to Ventura

Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone knew how much the 22 Magicbus route from Rotherham to Ventura was for a single? I seem to recall it was £5 for a weekly ticket on this service so assume it will be pretty cheap.

Also, as I will be arriving into Rotherham from Sheffield on the train, does it stop anywhere else in Rotherham town centre apart from the bus station?

Does anyone work at Ventura or the Manvers area and commute in from Sheffield and use the 22 Magicbus service? Can it be relied on even though its every 5-10 minutes during the daytime?

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone knew how much the 22 Magicbus route from Rotherham to Ventura was for a single? I seem to recall it was £5 for a weekly ticket on this service so assume it will be pretty cheap.

Also, as I will be arriving into Rotherham from Sheffield on the train, does it stop anywhere else in Rotherham town centre apart from the bus station?

Does anyone work at Ventura or the Manvers area and commute in from Sheffield and use the 22 Magicbus service? Can it be relied on even though its every 5-10 minutes during the daytime?

I can't help with a single fare but there is a day ticket you can buy that's valid on buses, trains and trams in South Yorkshire. I think its a Day Tripper for £6.30 which is quite a saver if you're using different forms of public transport, especially if you're crossing town boundaries. You'd have to weigh up all the single fares against the £6.30 to see which is better value. Try calling Traveline on 01709 515151 for an idea of costs.

The Day Trippers also better for the 22 as its run by 2 companies (First and I THINK Stagecoach) throughout the day. From the times I've used the 22, it seems to be fairly reliable :)

And as PT said, the train station in Rotherham is very close to the bus station. Just cross the road and turn right. Only about 30 seconds walk.

Edited by Bubble3082

Hello all,

i've caught the magic bus up to rawmarsh and it stops at every stop, it used to be limited stop a while ago. as for reliability, it's like every other service, it has it's off days! i've stood waiting and it hasn't turned up but that only happened once.