Why do OAPs get bus tickets?

Why has the national debt increased and where is the magic pot of savings that will cover their pension costs?

**99.9% of pensioners today have worked every day of their lives from leaving school at 15, therefore have paid well and above what they receive in pension.

We receive a pittance compared to what pensioners are paid in Europe....http://conversation.which.co.uk/money/uk-state-pension-comparison-serps/

Unfortunately this will not be the case for all who are not working today, or have not worked every day from age 15... You will NOT be receiving a pension worth anything at all ... unless ... you have paid into your own private pension... and then you can only hope and pray someone doesn't nick off with it, as has happened in the past???? And for your information... 50% of all pensioners drive... which will not be the case when 'YOU' are a pensioner... because you won't be able to afford a car, and will be totally reliant on public transport; so let's just hope that you don't have to suffer from the myopic negative view some have of today's pensioners... who have paid through the nose for the infrastructure that is at present enjoyed by all!!! **

Hi, i'v not read all, but i will tell you why a ticket is needed ... when a bus has a crash and your injured the bus company will ask you to prove you were on the bus. so keep your tickets until you get off.

Hi, i'v not read all, but i will tell you why a ticket is needed ... when a bus has a crash and your injured the bus company will ask you to prove you were on the bus. so keep your tickets until you get off.

Nope - Stagecoach dont issue tickets to OAP's so how would they do that?

Its nothing to do with contract law or anything, the bus ticket is simply a receipt for the money you have paid and proof you have paid in the event of an inspector getting on

For OAP's who have no money to pay then the operators reimbursement comes from the PTE and that is based on the smart tranasaction data which is received from the ticket machine and cross matched against the returns they submit. If its a non smart operator (Powells for example) then they complete the return and that is studied based on existing methodology. If the inspector gets on then the pass they have is proof of entitlement to travel

If there is no need for a receipt (ticket) then there is no need to issue one. Some operators still choose to issue one though, thats their perogative.

Those tickets also make it slower for people to get on the bus.

It's for insurance purposes..if the bus was to have an accident and that pensioner was wanting to make a claim ..the ticket proves he/she was on that bus at that time....

Why do some people get upset about pensioners bus passes. I have worked since fifteen and paid N.I. and taxes. I have worked for 32 years and had to pay full price catching two buses early in the morning, although I carry a bus pass. May I remind you that one day you will be glad of yours.

It's for insurance purposes..if the bus was to have an accident and that pensioner was wanting to make a claim ..the ticket proves he/she was on that bus at that time....

You havent read the thread at all, have you? :rolleyes:

**99.9% of pensioners today have worked every day of their lives from leaving school at 15, therefore have paid well and above what they receive in pension.

We receive a pittance compared to what pensioners are paid in Europe....http://conversation.which.co.uk/money/uk-state-pension-comparison-serps/

Unfortunately this will not be the case for all who are not working today, or have not worked every day from age 15... You will NOT be receiving a pension worth anything at all ... unless ... you have paid into your own private pension... and then you can only hope and pray someone doesn't nick off with it, as has happened in the past???? And for your information... 50% of all pensioners drive... which will not be the case when 'YOU' are a pensioner... because you won't be able to afford a car, and will be totally reliant on public transport; so let's just hope that you don't have to suffer from the myopic negative view some have of today's pensioners... who have paid through the nose for the infrastructure that is at present enjoyed by all!!! **

They haven't worked all their lives. They retire/have retired after 30-40 years of working. And live till 80. In many cases they spend over half their lives not working.

So you say tomorrows pensioners will have it worse, but today's paid enough in. Why do we have debt? If the previous lot paid in?

They haven't worked all their lives. They retire/have retired after 30-40 years of working. And live till 80. In many cases they spend over half their lives not working.

So you say tomorrows pensioners will have it worse, but today's paid enough in. Why do we have debt? If the previous lot paid in?

Because all the freeloaders that have not paid in, have spent it.

Why do some people get upset about pensioners bus passes. I have worked since fifteen and paid N.I. and taxes. I have worked for 32 years and had to pay full price catching two buses early in the morning, although I carry a bus pass. May I remind you that one day you will be glad of yours.

32 years?

People working now will have to work a minimum of 50 years before they get a pension, and won't be able to retire until they are at least 68.

There is a new generation of pensioners now who have never worked at all, spent the last 40 years not working and are now riding around on buses all day long - moaning about a bus that they do not pay for being late.

32 years?

People working now will have to work a minimum of 50 years before they get a pension, and won't be able to retire until they are at least 68.

There is a new generation of pensioners now who have never worked at all, spent the last 40 years not working and are now riding around on buses all day long - moaning about a bus that they do not pay for being late.

Excuse me In and many others like me have worked since age 15 which in my case is 47 years andI can't afford to retire even though I am past retirement age and I have every right to use my free travel when I can and also every bit as much right to complain about the late buses as still use them to go to work:rant::rant::rant:

I thought the purpose of the original post was to ask why do pass holders need to get issued with a ticket not why they needed to have a bus pass........but seeing as its been brought up can someone tell me, what about the people that started work early, paid their taxes and insurance but died before they were able to benefit from doing so having worked all of their life......:?: