Pub in Fitzalan Square. (not Marples)

Can anyone remember the name of the pub underneath the Marples in the Square? You came out of The Marples and turned right. On the right hand side there was a door and steps going down into the pub. I cant believe ive forgotten it. I had quite a few nights in there in the 70s.

Hope you can help me.

Can anyone remember the name of the pub underneath the Marples in the Square? You came out of The Marples and turned right. On the right hand side there was a door and steps going down into the pub. I cant believe ive forgotten it. I had quite a few nights in there in the 70s.

Hope you can help me.

Was it the Tivoli bar .........I`m sure it was the Tivoli bar the guy who ran the blue bell and marples at the same time

Edited by sand_dollars

The Elephant?

that was were halfords used to be I think? and the bell used to be next to the classic.

---------- Post added 20-05-2013 at 16:28 ----------

Was it the Tivoli bar

it could well have been

that was were halfords used to be I think? and the bell used to be next to the classic.

---------- Post added 20-05-2013 at 16:28 ----------

it could well have been

We all used to go in on our nights off If I remember right they has a small dance floor too..Don`t know what they called it after the late 70s but it was deffo the Tivoli bar ..................

The Elephant?

The Elephant was on the corner across from the Odeon, we used to nip in for a swift half during the interval.

Gay Paris was the name of the bar under Marples, I think the name Tivoli came in a few years after.

We all used to go in on our nights off If I remember right they has a small dance floor too..Don`t know what they called it after the late 70s but it was deffo the Tivoli bar ..................

Your right, I vaguely remember it, we used to call in there and the Claymore on route to the Top Rank.

Your right, I vaguely remember it, we used to call in there and the Claymore on route to the Top Rank.

I remember going in the old Mulberry Tavern before going in the Top Rank on a Saturday afternoon ... it was well known they would serve anybody under age in there. Think I would be about 15? If I remember correctly it was Home Ales, bloody vile!

I remember going in the old Mulberry Tavern before going in the Top Rank on a Saturday afternoon ... it was well known they would serve anybody under age in there. Think I would be about 15? If I remember correctly it was Home Ales, bloody vile!

sat afts and tue night used to be for the under 18s, we sadly used to go to the other well known nights after our tour of the fore mentioned boozers,:hihi:

sat afts and tue night used to be for the under 18s, we sadly used to go to the other well known nights after our tour of the fore mentioned boozers,:hihi:

So you'll remember the endless walking round and round, up and down the stairs. Why did we do that?