Changes to Sheffield Council's Housing Lettings Policy

and how many bedsit or 1 bed properties does scc have on its books?, thats the real question that needs answering, and how many new ones will be built in the next 10 years!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Plenty, but lots are for over 60s (of which I am one). Too many of those, every week there are several pages of age banded properties up for grabs on First Come First Served.

I was very disappointed at some of the policy changes.

I've had a letter, and I've updated my registration. I didn't think a month was too short a time. When people register, part of the deal is that they let the council know of any changes in circumstances. If people move house and don't update their details how do they expect the housing department to know? The numbers will reduce, but anyone who is serious about wanting social housing now or in the future needs to keep their registration up to date.

Now that single people and couples have been restricted to just one bedroomed properties, its unlikely I'll ever bid for anything in Sheffield. :roll:

looks like they have extended this for another month because of difficulties in getting through :roll:

My son has been able to get a 2 bed property by moving his mate in with him as part of his household. Not as a joint tenant. He works so paying rent is not an issue however, if he hadn't had his mate share with him he would have only been able to get a 1 bed!

we have had our names down since the eighties for crookes/walkley, but these houses are as rare as hens teeth - so we've no chance at all now, cos the kids have grown up and left home:|:|

I know of a single lady OAP who has this week moved from a one bedroomed flat to a two bedroomed flat at Lodge Moor. She has no special needs. Seems the rules can be bent !!!

I know of a single lady OAP who has this week moved from a one bedroomed flat to a two bedroomed flat at Lodge Moor. She has no special needs. Seems the rules can be bent !!!

No bedroom tax for OAPs. In the first week it came in, a neighbour moved into a two bed property as he had reached female pension age and became eligible for pension credit.

One bedroom properties are now in demand, in many areas they were demolished due to 'low demand'. Along with 2 bed houses, 3 bedroom houses, 1,2,3,4 bedroom flats. Many of which I know were in demand as I was bidding on them, along with hundreds, sometimes thousands of others.

Nor for anyone else.

There's definitely bedroom tax out there - and it's hurting people.

i suppose there will always be a few bedroom-tax denyers but the overwhelming majority of scientific opinion accepts it is there and is largely man-made.

There's definitely bedroom tax out there - and it's hurting people.

i suppose there will always be a few bedroom-tax denyers but the overwhelming majority of scientific opinion accepts it is there and is largely man-made.

It's not a tax! It's a drop in benefits if you have a bedroom that you don't 'need'.

It's just easier to say 'tax' as it sounds worse and gets people frothing at the mouth.

It's not a tax! It's a drop in benefits if you have a bedroom that you don't 'need'.

It's just easier to say 'tax' as it sounds worse and gets people frothing at the mouth.

correct. it is popularly known as the 'bedroom tax' though. if i were in charge, every householder would be entitled to have a spare room without penalty. this would enable children to play indoors during bad weather, an office/study room, a guest room, a room for children visiting divorced fathers. i could go on. just as a garden shed improves the mental well being of people, a spare room, patio area and garden with each home could work wonders for many members of our society. i would put a ban on the current trend of building homes that resemble prison cells. the 'new' council rules are simply a 'social cleansing' drive to make way for EU tribes who seem to have higher priority over anyone who has never been out of the UK.

Hi There, What If I want to buy my council property ?

Please kindly help me with any information you have.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Yasmine