Would someone reviewing our new website

Your company or the company you work for only has 87 likes. Maybe you should take that off your site then.

I don't want to de-rail this thread so let's agree to disagree.

We don't have the amount of likes on our website.... do we .... you only know that cos you went looking to see how many :)

The best way to increase sales is to build relationships.... sure I just read that somewhere ;)

Nice site but dislike the colours but that just my taste.

Looks great, but bit slow to load.

Hi All,

Thanks very much for the help, sorry I did not reply before but we've not been getting the notifications.

The site speed has improved since I posted on here but could you check to confirm (we have checked).

1. We know the speed need improving, so we are looking to get the speed improved, can anyone advise me on what should be done ?

2. What would you like to change with the colour scheme ?

3. the facebook is a new, we set it up some time ago but never use it, to improve this you could click like.

4. We will be setting up a review page on our site.

5. we will be adding promos to the banner and try and reduce the size without it looking odd.

I'm assuming it's built on Magento Community Edition?

Some page cacheing extensions might go some way to improving site speed, the downside of Magento is that it is a resource hog

Yeah it's still really slow for me. Who ever has built it should know how to speed things up.

As for the colours, they're a little in your face and don't compliment each other brilliantly.

You're selling beds, you want calming colours rather than the bright sky blue and deep red that is on there now.

The slider image size wise is fine in my opinion. The only thing that needs changing on that is the navigation arrows extend out past your main contents width. Bring them in line with your main content.

Are you on a shared server with your Magento site? It would appear to be when i checked. It's a well known fact that Magento is resource-hungry and no good on shared hosting. Your web designer should have told you this when you opted for Magento over any other shopping cart software.

Get it on a virtual dedicated server. try Vidahost, no affiliation whatsoever, but lots of happy Magento site owners swear by them.

---------- Post added 29-05-2013 at 12:33 ----------

PS Forgot to add, definitely requires onsite SEO sorting out.

Indizine is correct about the SEO.

You have some problems with how the business is being positioned for Google search algorithms.

Your business is based in Sheffield and delivers in a 40 mile radius. This makes it a local business by Google's definition.

*snip*

--------------------------

Edit: Sorry, I realise now this isn't the case. You seem to deliver throughout the UK, according to your delivery page. This is confusing because you mention a delivery radius on the homepage.

So, as a nationally delivering e-commerce website, it just needs focus on increasing organic authority, mainly through on site SEO.

Content is king in organic SEO, so my advice is to integrate a WordPress blog into your site, using Fishpig's Magento extension, and use that to put out regular articles about your core product ranges. And be clearer about delivering to the whole UK.

Edited by Max Power

sorry error in post

Edited by AKGT

Yeah it 19.99 for delivery withing 40 mile of sheffield and there's a charge for outside that areas, We may need to clear this up.

Edited by Justbeds