FoneFix at Walkley - superb!

Just wanted to share with you what an excellent service this shop offers! Eldest had damaged her screen (iPhone 4) - and not just the screen - part of the surrounding carbon next to the rear (mirror) camera damaged, plus more recently, power button failure - FoneFix have made it look like brand new and put a protective screen on to boot!

So this is a recommend for:

FoneFix at Walkley:

Fonefix Ltd.

42 Barber Road,

Walkley,

Sheffield, S10 1ED.

Telephone:0114 2219364

Nice one.

always good to hear positive outcomes from long standing members, rather than obvious one post spammers. :thumbsup:

I bought a phone from this guy very friendly and honest

I sold it back to him less than a month later and he was just as decent

will go there from now on if I need any repairs etc

I went to Fonefix, Barber Road, Sheffield after reading the positive comments on here to get my partner's iPhone screen replaced. However, I'm afraid to say I had a less than positive experience with them.

Fonefix replaced the screen within two hours for a reasonable price and up until that point I was happy with the service. However, when my partner got home from work she discovered that the SIM card was no longer in the phone. I called Fonefix and the guy stated that although he had taken the SIM card out of the phone for the repair he did not have it there. He suggested that it had been lost after I left the shop but as most people will be aware a SIM card is not something that just drops out of a phone.

The guy at Fonefix was explaining his working methods and saying there was no way he could have lost the SIM card. However, he did state that he had two O2 SIM cards there and that he would check if one of these was the missing SIM card. This suggested that he had SIM cards lying around that he did not know who they belonged to.

The conversation went on and the guy from Fonefix kept denying any responsibility for losing the SIM card. I kept saying that he was the only person who had taken it out so he must have forgot to put it back in or lost it during the repair. I knew at this point that we were not going to get the SIM card back but all we wanted was him to take some responsibility and offer an apology. He was not willing to back down whatsoever so my partner had to get her SIM blocked and then go into town to get a new one. It was relatively simply to sort in the end but it was an inconvenience that could have been avoided if the guy in Fonefix had been more careful.

I certainly won't be using Fonefix, Sheffield again and I would encourage others not to either. The screen replacement itself was good but the customer service and the guy's attitude was seriously questionable.

Sorry to hear that - I always check the phone in the shop after repair so never had this problem?

It's always recommended by phone repair shops for you to remove your SIM before taking your phone in for repair.. (and back it up, if possible) as SIM's are VERY easy to misplace and loose, especially when it's an iPhone (micro or nano SIM)

Well it was the eldest's not mine - it needed a new on-off button as well - the screen was badly damaged - even a 'gouge' around the camera! Eldest could not believe it was the same iphone 4 when they picked it up - normally (this is going back a bit) was £50 for screen and £35 for on-off button but did both for £75/£80 I think - also put on a screen protector to boot!

Well it was my turn for repair screen of my HTC 310 recently - well impressed again - only cost me £30 and thrown in for good measure, screen protector and protective case with openings in all the right places. :D