Need help/advice on making my own wedding invitations

Hi everyone.

I have recently purchased all the materials I need to make my own wedding invitations however I still want them printed, not hand written. I tried doing it on my friends printer but it was printing slightly off centre.

I have tried contacting a few printing companies in Sheffield and they seem to either not understand what I mean and offer to make me full invitations or sound not very interested.

Has anyone else done this or know of anywhere that will be able to do this. I have all my own paper/card I just need to print the actual invitation part, the rsvp and the gift list.

Thanks guys, Sam.

try these

SIGNS & PRINT, 164 Infirmary Rd, Tel 2758979.

Hi,

Try Greystones Printing at Unstone!

We should be able to do that for you.

If you would like to pm me, we can chat about the job.

we made our own, it was pretty easy. We bought the card from hobby craft, created the design in publisher and got a local shop to print them out. Then added little sticky jewels and ribbons to the invites to finish them off.

Yes I am doing this aswel I have bought my card, ribbon, jewels etc just struggling to find a shop to do the actual printing part.

What size are your invitations? Can't you print on to A4 and cut them down to size to get the text straight using a trimmer?

I would have but I have bought some of it cut to size.

Thanks anyway :)

Can't you trim anything off? I never make my inserts the same size as the outer card otherwise the will show when you fold the card up. You could cut them down and stick one piece on each half of the inside of the card like a panel. The RSVP will need to be loose inside the invitation anyway, as will the gift list.

Depending on what software you are using you should be able to align the text to make it print centrally. In Microsoft word you can change the size of the borders. Out of interest are you using non standard sized paper (I.e. not A4/A5/etc.)? This might be why the printer is printing off centre, if so you will need to adjust the paper size in the printer's settings.

I'm sure many printers are not going to be interested because it will be a small job so there is not much money in it.

I'm not selling wedding stationery at the moment because I've decided to be a full time Mum for now but you might want to approach a few wedding stationers as they might be interested in printing the inserts for you.

hi hun iv created my 50 for less than 3 pound i got pack dimontie style stones come glue backing card and few cheap little bows printed my main script of for wedding and ut it with zig zag scissors and placed black backing card behind it and added few sparkles and bows cheap and effective and look really nice iv had people asking were i got them made but i will say its very time consuming

Most of the card printing companies use their own material to make their cards at low cost so they do not agree for only printing content of the cards provided by buyers. You can make your cards from online printing stores so that you can save your time for searching shops and if you print your cards in wedding season, you may get some discount on printing.