Have the parking times changed at Hillsborough?

The time extended to 8.30pm so maybe you just read it wrong

The 8.30pm doesnt apply outside the City Centre though does it? Was certainly still 6.30pm in a road just of Eccy Road on Monday when I was there.

The 8.30pm doesnt apply outside the City Centre though does it? Was certainly still 6.30pm in a road just of Eccy Road on Monday when I was there.

I think the OP is talking about 8:00am not pm...

I think the OP is talking about 8:00am not pm...

I was referring to MurphyJnr who said the time was "extended to 8.30pm so maybe you just read it wrong".

Well nothing has been extended to 8.30pm anyway outside of the City Centre. The OP lives in Hillsborough so the city centre changes are moot.

shoot me down if I've missed something...but is she's lived here, could she not have obtained a residents' parking permit?

I've got a permit but there's not enough spaces for the cars on the road, there's always cars parked outside of the bays at night.

Another triumph for the parking permit scheme. And some more money for the council.

Which is the main objective of the parking permit schemes. Its a licence to print money for the council in three easy steps.

1/ Charge the residents an extortionate amount of money for a permit ( fleece motorists from the word go )

2/ Confuse residents by constantly moving the goalposts where times you can park is concerned .

3/ Have an Army of parking warriors on hand ready to slap tickets on anything that is 1 minute the wrong side of the permitted parking times .

Which is the main objective of the parking permit schemes. Its a licence to print money for the council in three easy steps.

1/ Charge the residents an extortionate amount of money for a permit ( fleece motorists from the word go )

2/ Confuse residents by constantly moving the goalposts where times you can park is concerned .

3/ Have an Army of parking warriors on hand ready to slap tickets on anything that is 1 minute the wrong side of the permitted parking times .

Why oh why do you continue to trot out this drivel?

1. £36 per year, ie less than 70p per week, hardly extortionate

2. Goalposts haven't moved, times of operation in permit zones haven't changed.

2. There are about 60 CEO's who work several shifts and cover the whole city. Hardly an "army" is it?

Why oh why do you continue to trot out this drivel?

1. £36 per year, ie less than 70p per week, hardly extortionate

2. Goalposts haven't moved, times of operation in permit zones haven't changed.

2. There are about 60 CEO's who work several shifts and cover the whole city. Hardly an "army" is it?

You dont have to be a rocket scientist to work out that it dosnt cost anything near £36 to print and post out a parking permit. Seeing as you claim the residents asked for the permit zones why do the council feel the need to turn it into a profit making excersize. ? Why not issue the permits for what it costs to produce them . ?

At most a permit will cost no more than £5 to produce and post out ( and that includes a small admin charge ), so unless the council can provide evidence and costings to prove it costs them £36 to produce and issue a permit , then yes it is extortion.

You dont have to be a rocket scientist to work out that it dosnt cost anything near £36 to print and post out a parking permit. Seeing as you claim the residents asked for the permit zones why do the council feel the need to turn it into a profit making excersize. ? Why not issue the permits for what it costs to produce them . ?

At most a permit will cost no more than £5 to produce and post out ( and that includes a small admin charge ), so unless the council can provide evidence and costings to prove it costs them £36 to produce and issue a permit , then yes it is extortion.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out that the cost of supplying a permit disc is not the only expense in installing, and operating a permit parking zone.

The cost isn't the problem, I think I paid £20. The problem is you're not guaranteed a parking space. I've come home at 6pm, not been able to park anywhere so I've driven around for half an hour until 6.30 when I can park outside of the bays.

I normally get home from work around 10.30/11pm, again there's not always a space.

Thankfully I'm moving from here next week so won't have to drive home wondering if I'll be able to park anywhere.

Does anyone know if the times you're allowed to park outside a parking bay at Hillsborough have changed?

I've lived here a year and if I can't get a space in a parking bay I've always parked outside of it and moved my car before 8.30am. This morning I went out to my car just before 8.30am to find a parking fine, they had watched the car between 8.12am and 8.17am.

I haven't received a notice of any changes so all I want to know is has the time changed from 8.30am to 8am? I don't want to waste my time contesting this if the time has changed, although surely they should tell the residents?

Hi for single yellows the evening times are now 8.30pm not sure of the morning times tho the sheffield star did a piece on it a few weeks ago.