Have the parking times changed at Hillsborough?

Does anyone know if the times you're allowed to park outside a parking bay at Hillsborough have changed?

I've lived here a year and if I can't get a space in a parking bay I've always parked outside of it and moved my car before 8.30am. This morning I went out to my car just before 8.30am to find a parking fine, they had watched the car between 8.12am and 8.17am.

I haven't received a notice of any changes so all I want to know is has the time changed from 8.30am to 8am? I don't want to waste my time contesting this if the time has changed, although surely they should tell the residents?

Does anyone know if the times you're allowed to park outside a parking bay at Hillsborough have changed?

I've lived here a year and if I can't get a space in a parking bay I've always parked outside of it and moved my car before 8.30am. This morning I went out to my car just before 8.30am to find a parking fine, they had watched the car between 8.12am and 8.17am.

I haven't received a notice of any changes so all I want to know is has the time changed from 8.30am to 8am? I don't want to waste my time contesting this if the time has changed, although surely they should tell the residents?

Were you parked on a single yellow line?

Yes I was, the same place I've always parked when I haven't managed to get into a bay.

Yes I was, the same place I've always parked when I haven't managed to get into a bay.

There will be a sign on a pole or lighting column which has the operating times of the single yellow line on it. I believe it is 8am to 6.30pm

Another triumph for the parking permit scheme. And some more money for the council.

Wouldn't the council make an announcement of any changes to times?

It has changed then as I've been here a year and it has always been 8.30, the signs now say 8. I've had no notice of this change, surely they should let the residents know?

Luckily I'm moving next week, I'll pay the fine and move on because I don't have the time or inclination to contest it. Thanks for your replies.

It has changed then as I've been here a year and it has always been 8.30, the signs now say 8. I've had no notice of this change, surely they should let the residents know?

Luckily I'm moving next week, I'll pay the fine and move on because I don't have the time or inclination to contest it. Thanks for your replies.

They did let you know via the website.

They've clearly taken note that the good folk of Sheffield glean the majority of information from the internet so felt it enough to make the changes known here.

That's always bothered me - announcements via website or in the newspapers. Like anyone has the time to constantly keep checking the council's site for any changes. As for buying the Star.....

That's always bothered me - announcements via website or in the newspapers. Like anyone has the time to constantly keep checking the council's site for any changes. As for buying the Star.....

Yes but the alternative is a thread titled 'Council waste money sending out letters when.....'

I'm informed it hasn't changed, it's always been 8am. You have just been lucky and got away with it before.

Thanks Planner1, if that is the case then I have been very lucky as I've always run out around 8.15ish to move it. I've seen my neighbours do the same.

So glad to be moving from here :D