Elmwood Farm - new pub due to open at Beighton

Totally agree . Can't stand it when people slag a place off without having the decency to even try the place first .

Before you start slavering that there all the same blah blah blah .Not everyone's so snobbish ,it's a family pub for gods sake not friggin bistro .

Liking food that someone has thought about and prepared rather than lifted out of a box and heated is not being snobbish and why because a place is aimed at families should the quality of the food be lesser, by all means keep eating at these places and the area will be full of low quality eating establishments, I'd rather pay my money where it's more deserved.

Was absolutely rammed at lunchtime today. Car park full but plenty of parking on adjacent roads

went for lunch today we all had the carvery .pretty good kids loved it not bad prices for food and drinks. the little one loved the play area.thumbs up from me ,will definitely go again

We live within walking distance and are really happy to have this place nearby having 3 young children. We love what i would call "good food" i.e Cricket Inn, Rowleys, Devonshire Arms, those kinds of places, but they are no good for young children. So when we have our children with us Elmwood Farm will be ideal, kids can enjoy themselves and we can all eat decent food at a reasonable price. We wouldn't visit if it was just us two, but for children its just what you want :).

Looked rammed toady. Double parking the whole lot :hihi:

Wife and I paid a visit on Saturday evening. Got to say its a nice pub, tastefully furnished. The carvery looked good and value for money although I did see several insipid looking bar meals being returned to the kitchen, but to be fair the place has only been open a week.

You're not really welcome unless you are eating though, drinkers who choose not to eat are discouraged by giving them very limited space to sit on high tables in the bar area.

I like the 'no under 12' area and it seems to work very well giving the kids their own play area away from diners.

A customer effing and jeffing at the bar was told in no uncertain terms ... 'sir, can you moderate your language or leave'.

We didn't eat but the drinks prices are quite cheap compared to other pubs in the area, £2.60 for a pint of IPA and £3.85 for a 250ml glass of Merlot. I just hope this cheap drink policy doesn't start attracting the low lifes who drink in the Gypsy Queen. All in all though it is very popular but time will tell after Christmas during Jan and Feb, a traditionally quiet period when the place is empty because they have discouraged people who are not dining?

---------- Post added 29-08-2013 at 09:06 ----------

With the reviews on Trip Advisor I reckon the Elmwood Farm are going to have to rethink their policy on discouraging drinkers who don't wish to eat. Is it a pub or is it a restaurant, they have to make up their mind.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186364-d4737755-Reviews-Elmwood_Farm-Sheffield_South_Yorkshire_England.html#REVIEWS

Edited by sedith
corrected tense on word 'quiet'

As for the comment someone made about it getting slated on Tripadvisor, its probably the same pilocks that comment on here slating somewhere they've not been to that have written the reviews .

So glad i did read the reviews on Tripadvisor, Elmwood Farm really shouldn't be called a pub at all, its clearly just a restaurant, such a shame as we really do need a good pub for the locals to use, we were hoping this would be the one, but clearly it isn't. The problem will come when it does quieten down, they may be glad of customers who would just enjoy a quiet drink then, we will see, otherwise, it will probably end up closed in 6 months. Its clear from the Tripadvisor reviews that these people had visited, and weren't just slating it for the sake of it.

I've heard they welcome noisey children inside.

Has it got a ball pool and crayons?

As for the comment someone made about it getting slated on Tripadvisor, its probably the same pilocks that comment on here slating somewhere they've not been to that have written the reviews .

These people on Trip Advisor you say are slating business and they have not even paid a visit are most certainly people who have only only got the one review to their user name and have created this purely to damage a competitors business. This also happens when the proprietor of the business creates many accounts giving good reviews for the his or her business. Just read into things a little further than face value.

Went last week at dinner time, was really impressed to be honest. Dont know what all the complaints are about? Was getting quite busy despite it only being about 12.30pm.

The people moaning on trip advisor about it being rammed etc ... well what do you expect? its just opened, of course its going to be rammed.

As for people questioning weather its a drinking pub or not... well surely thats obvious? Look at the location for a start, its not exactly in an accessible walking distance for anywhere. its clearly aimed as a food pub.

I had a mega cavery being the greedy ******* that I am, and was really impressed with how much you got on it for the price, was very good value for the money.

Would defo recommend it.

I've been tonight.

Far too full to do a report. Will do one tomorrow :)

Im fine now :D

Ok:

Got there at about half seven after having problems finding the place, when people said it was in Beighton I foolishly assumed they meant the actual village, and not by the side of the A57. Oh well.

Was busy and was told half an hour wait, but went to the bar and almost immediately got a tap on the shoulder saying table was ready. Good stuff.

Was going to have the carvery but after getting there later than expected, it seemed they had ran out of things so we decided to order on the menu.

I had this:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/03/ge2ubu6y.jpg

(there were three extra onion rings that I ate before taking photo)

That was £7.50 and can't complain for the price. Bun was fine, both burgers cooked perfectly, a proper rasher of cut bacon in the burger. Chips were good and coleslaw was lovely.

Both my guests had a bacon and cheese burger and that was also big enough and only £5.95.

I then bought this to take home:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/03/a9u2usy4.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/03/ybusuzad.jpg

I've had about half of it. Far too big for one person. Cakes in there were absolutely huge and they had a load boxed up in the fridge behind the till.

Carvery looked alright from the bits I saw when they were clearing up: lots of veg, two types of roasts (normal and spicy) and also a ratatouille from the looks of it.

Will return. The only moan I would have is that I can see it getting very, very busy. Staff were friendly though, especially the male manager on who seemed to be getting a mouthful from some people on the way out about one of two carvery items selling out.