Forever loving home for the right dog

I have posted on here before but my sister in law is still looking for the right dog, she is wanting a larger breed dog under a year old must be female, please don't say rescues as she has looked into but she shares a garden with her neighbour and the rescues have said she must have her own garden, If you know of any puppies or younger dogs looking for a brilliant home wih an experienced owner please pm me ty

Rain Rescue don't have blanket rules. They find the right dog the right home, and if your sister is a good home for a big pup, that's all they'll consider :)

Keep your eye on the dogs needing new homes on the I Need A Home Website. Look under the heading 'Private Adoptions'.

These are the dogs currently listed..

http://www.ineedahome.co.uk/index.php/2011-11-02-15-12-28/view-animals

Mia sounds gorgeous :)

Also try the Sheffield strays kennels. There's a very handsome large American bulldog in there.

http://www.ineedahome.co.uk/index.php/adopt-a-dog/2562-8457-friendly-large-american-bulldog-male

And he quite young :)

Edited by Sam71

I have posted on here before but my sister in law is still looking for the right dog, she is wanting a larger breed dog under a year old must be female, please don't say rescues as she has looked into but she shares a garden with her neighbour and the rescues have said she must have her own garden, If you know of any puppies or younger dogs looking for a brilliant home wih an experienced owner please pm me ty

Which rescues has she tried as the only one I know of that had that rule is the RSPCA. I would strongly advice that she reconsiders rescue dogs as a private seller or free to good home is hardly going to say the reason I'm getting rid is because it is savage/has an illness that requires expensive treatment so I need to offload it onto someone else & try get some cash so I can go out & get another. Whereas a rescue will be upfront about any possible problems

I keep seeing dogs which need rehoming on a Facebook page 'S26 for sale and swaps'... ... hate to see it but the people on there seem quite sensible and aren't just giving them away.

Ty she has been looking now for nearly 6 months since she sadly had to have her dog put to sleep so is not rushing into anything until the right dog comes along

We don't have any young female dogs in that are suitable either at the moment, but as stated - we don't have hard and fast rules on everything - we look at each individual situation and try to 'match' right dog right home.

Any reason why it must be female?

BADAW have a lovely big lad called Seamus.

Any reason why it must be female?

BADAW have a lovely big lad called Seamus.

Because she spends a lot of time and holidays with her parents who have. 3 female dogs

Because she spends a lot of time and holidays with her parents who have. 3 female dogs

I'm a bit confused.. A male would get a long just fine with 3 females?

In fact, sometimes it is harder getting bitches to get along.

You've got more of a guarantee that a male dog would get on better with 3 females, than adding another female to the equation.

I'm a bit confused.. A male would get a long just fine with 3 females?

In fact, sometimes it is harder getting bitches to get along.

You've got more of a guarantee that a male dog would get on better with 3 females, than adding another female to the equation.

I agree with that.