Sign in to follow this  

Making international phonecalls for free from O2 mobile phones

Dear all,

I just got a free way to make international phone calls. The prerequisite is that you have signed a O2 pay monthly mobile phone and got some free mintures in your hands. What you need to do is to dial 08445523024, and then when the number is connected, you dial your destination no,for example, the no in USA: 001+...., and then do remember not to press any other button and you just need to wait for the connection. Since the 0844 is included in o2's free minutes, you can absolutely ring ur friends for free by this way. You can also ring your friends in USA, Europe, Singapore, China, Thailand, or lots of destinations for free in this way.

Enjoy it:)

Sorry to be a spoilsport but is this legal,really interested as I have shares in 02/telefonica.

Entirely legal AFAIK - it's a bit misleading to say that the calls are free - they come out of your minutes (that you've already paid for as part of your contract), if you go over your monthly allocation they become very expensive. Google "Free international calls o2" for more info.

yeah, sure, I have been using it for around half a year. Since I signed the O2 1000plus leisure time plan, I use this way to ring my friends in Singapore, Canada, China and USA at offpeak time. If you check the terms and conditions in O2 tariffs, you will find out that the nos starting with 0844... are included in their free minutes. So feel free to use it, just dial the no 08445523024, and then you will hear someone saying that 'welcome to just dial ...' This no is actually provided by an instant dial company, then you press your destination no, but remember not to press any other connection key, otherwises, it will be charged by the direct international dial fee. Just enjoy it.

Unfortunately, for other network, like T-mobile, Vodafone, Orange, the nos starting with 0844 are not free with their tariff. Only O2 gets this advantage. If you have a BT landline, you can also dial the above no to make international phonecalls, however, it will be charged at around 3p/minute.

Sorry to be a spoilsport but is this legal,really interested as I have shares in 02/telefonica.

Yeah, I agree with u. Actually, if you go over your monthly allowance, you will be charged by the normal charge applied to your tariff. Since the no 0844 is recognized by O2 as a normal local no, instead of an international no, the local charge will be applied to you if necessary. For example, When I use o2 Leisure time 1000, if I go over my allowance and make an international phonecall by the above approach, the charge at offpeak time is 2p/minute. However, if you use o2 200 tariff, and you are over your balance, you will be charged 10p/minute. So that really depends on the tariff you chose instead of the no you dialed.

Entirely legal AFAIK - it's a bit misleading to say that the calls are free - they come out of your minutes (that you've already paid for as part of your contract), if you go over your monthly allocation they become very expensive. Google "Free international calls o2" for more info.

I rang my friend in USA last night, the connection was excellent.

Just want to make sure it is free:hihi:

sounds not bad. I shall have a try tonight:hihi:

So who owns this 0844 number in question then? It all seems very dodgy to me, particularly as the OP and Thomasking are both new to the forum.

The no is provided by an instant dialling company. I just share the info with the guys on this forum. If you won't believe it, you may just use your normal way to make international phonecalls. It doesn't matter much to me.

So who owns this 0844 number in question then? It all seems very dodgy to me, particularly as the OP and Thomasking are both new to the forum.

it does 'seem' to be genuine. a quick google brought this up.

click control + f and type in 08445523024 to go straight to the section.

Thank you for your comprehensive researching. It is up to you to decide if you want to use the sevice or you prefer your original dialling style. Obviously, if you want to know if I am cheating you, your monthly phone bill will tell you everything about it.

it does 'seem' to be genuine. a quick google brought this up.

click control + f and type in 08445523024 to go straight to the section.