Cost of Power of Attorneys

Has anyone recently done a Power of Attorney with a solicitor and can advise me of the cost, I'm seeing a solicitor on Friday so want somthing to compare against.

Thanks

We paid £600 through a solicitor who handled everything. You can do it yourself but if you get the forms wrong, you have to pay again.

Thank you, do you know if its any cheaper if the person is in receipt of pension credit (guaranteed credit) ?

We recently paid about £600 when we had one done, also made a will at the same time

Depends what exactly you want it for i did this at no cost but the person who wants to give power of Attorney has to singe and we had one of the doctors at hospital witness it.

But there is one that has to go to courts as well .Cant remember what that one involves Mine was just to access bank accounts for paying in and withdraw money

and pay for bills etc etc.

Thank you, do you know if its any cheaper if the person is in receipt of pension credit (guaranteed credit) ?
£600 was the solicitors charge. There was another official one (£260??) that was waived due to the person we were getting PoA for was on pension credit.

The solicitor will doubtless give you the full picture though.

Clarification:

This thread does NOT relate to Powers of Attorney. They're far cheaper than the figures shown.

Instead, it relates to Lasting Powers of Attorney: different legislation, different scope.