Traffic and buses at Stannington

We not had one either at deer park, my mum at fairbarn had a letter saying it was wood lane they were digging up not stannington road and her neighbour hasn't had letter. First my mum found out was when she wasn't allowed to park her car up down the side street.

So what's happening & why?

They're resurfacing the roads; probably because the forthcoming televised international big biking event is likely to pass through the area.

My parents and neighbours have not had any letters, must have been delivered at random

There's been the usual buses running up and down Wood lane instead of Stannington Road all day. They've just had to take a different route that's all.

We all had letters of the dates etc when this was going to happen.

Let's face it , it's not before time, the road and pavements do need doing.

All the buses are diverted around the closed area.

4 days to go from the top of Stannington to the bottom. That is impressive.

Back up to the top tomorrow to start the final layer. And all done by next Friday.

Did we all have letters!? I didn't

Oh dear, it must have been hit and miss with the information then. Maybe they were relying on word of mouth.

I know it said any one parked on Stannington road on the days of resurfacing would have their cars towed away.

no letters at mine too or the houses on stannington road or the shops.. iv asked

there is a notice in blue shop asking if anyone got ticket, the guy is going to appeal and wants others to contact him, number on the notice in shop

the sign to say about road closure and parking fines went up after the cards had had tickets from finger quick wardens.. i watched them put sing up at around 11am and so did the bloke from green shop

The roads are being re-surfaced as part of the road improvement scheme, and applies to all roads in Sheffield. It has absolutely nothing to do with next years Tour de France.

The roads are being re-surfaced as part of the road improvement scheme, and applies to all roads in Sheffield. It has absolutely nothing to do with next years Tour de France.

Indeed, the Streets Ahead project, you can look forward to nice smooth roads and shiny new street lights!

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/works/schemes/streetsaheadproject.html

Hi Im new to forum so i would like to ask did anybody recieve notice of repairs to stannington road i was towed away on 15th of may didnt recieve letter verbal and no signs up on week leading to repairs council says signs were up wellin advance

---------- Post added 27-05-2013 at 12:13 ----------

:help:Hi new to forum would like to here from anyone who was towed from stannington while road was being resurfaced I was even though there were no signs up didnt even get letter or phonecall about repairs

---------- Post added 27-05-2013 at 20:32 ----------

thanks for that lady in red, quick question are the cameras working and where are they situated

just to clarify i checked the time i posted on here and i posted on fb first would be between 11 and 1130 the sign was put up outside the shop

if the shop gave a receipt i would be able to give exact time

the owner of the green shop was watching the workmen and was talking to them

---------- Post added 28-05-2013 at 21:39 ----------

Hi Im new to forum so i would like to ask did anybody recieve notice of repairs to stannington road i was towed away on 15th of may didnt recieve letter verbal and no signs up on week leading to repairs council says signs were up wellin advance

---------- Post added 27-05-2013 at 12:13 ----------

:help:Hi new to forum would like to here from anyone who was towed from stannington while road was being resurfaced I was even though there were no signs up didnt even get letter or phonecall about repairs

---------- Post added 27-05-2013 at 20:32 ----------

thanks for that lady in red, quick question are the cameras working and where are they situated

nope, no letter, no posters up anywhere, and i live VERY close to the repair work, no letter and the signs went up on the day of the repairs on the lamp post outside the shop

no roadwork signs went up in advance

the cameras are supposed to be working, its up high outside shop

I live near Stannington Road but noticed yellow (very obvious!) signs from top of Wood Lane on Stannington Road up to the shops were put up days before roadworks so no excuses here really.

I live near Stannington Road but noticed yellow (very obvious!) signs from top of Wood Lane on Stannington Road up to the shops were put up days before roadworks so no excuses here really.

not the shops on junction off deer park road/ stannington road / liberty hill they were not put up in advance