Traffic and buses at Stannington

Stannington Road from junction of Liberty Hill is closed to buses and from what i can see all other traffic due to road works, the bus is running from the stop on Deer Park Road outside the maisonette block, too and from Hillsborough if that helps people and i have not seen the little bus all day (been downstairs since 830am) hope nobody has too far to walk in the rain. (just in case you all don't know, thought i would be nice) (traffic wardens are also stood in hiding waiting to ticket people parked on the right hand side of Stannington road going up)

Edited by LadyInRed
spotted a spelling error

I've seen loads of cars ticketed today and then they've been towed! The main road is closed too (Stannington Road) outside the high rise flats, it's a nightmare trying to get anywhere round there today.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Got a £35 parking fine today stopped in parking bay at paper shop on stannington rd and the lovely wardens had issued the ticket very slick well done Sheffield,

Please beware !

I was very lucky then. I parked there at 08.30 to pop in paper shop but I didn't get a ticket, phew

this is why i posted, sorry was too late for you who got done

its been stupid, later found out SL2 was running but up woodlane, so i bet its been chaos at school pick up times

they didn't out the notice up until around 1130 about parking and parking fines so i would if i were you get this looked into, the cctv will have picked up the workmen putting notices up, hope this helps x

---------- Post added 15-05-2013 at 18:50 ----------

Just to update the end of Deer Park Road is closed to traffic turning in/out and they are currently working (at this time) right outside the shops.

Good Luck anyone trying to get somewhere above the shops

Edited by LadyInRed
correct the info after i checked the time posted on fb

So what's happening & why?

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/disruptions.aspx?id=4757

On Monday 13th, Tuesday 14th and Friday 17th of May work will be taking place on Stannington Road between Bankfield Road and Wood Lane. During this period, buses will divert as follows:

Services SL2 and 11 will operate direct via Oldfield Road to Nethergate and will terminate there. They will then return to Malin Bridge/Sheffield via the same route.

Services 61 and 62 will not serve Nethergate/Bank Field Road and will operate via Acorn Drive and Cliff Road in both directions.

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/disruptions.aspx?id=4757

On Monday 13th, Tuesday 14th and Friday 17th of May work will be taking place on Stannington Road between Bankfield Road and Wood Lane. During this period, buses will divert as follows:

Services SL2 and 11 will operate direct via Oldfield Road to Nethergate and will terminate there. They will then return to Malin Bridge/Sheffield via the same route.

Services 61 and 62 will not serve Nethergate/Bank Field Road and will operate via Acorn Drive and Cliff Road in both directions.

no mention of the 12?

My parents live off Stannington Road and had to walk to Hillsborough today, the notices on the posts say the road will be closed for 10 days from the 15th, but can not find any information, 10 days is a long time for a main road to be closed and no buses

My parents live off Stannington Road and had to walk to Hillsborough today, the notices on the posts say the road will be closed for 10 days from the 15th, but can not find any information, 10 days is a long time for a main road to be closed and no buses

There's been the usual buses running up and down Wood lane instead of Stannington Road all day. They've just had to take a different route that's all.

We all had letters of the dates etc when this was going to happen.

Let's face it , it's not before time, the road and pavements do need doing.

There's been the usual buses running up and down Wood lane instead of Stannington Road all day. They've just had to take a different route that's all.

We all had letters of the dates etc when this was going to happen.

Let's face it , it's not before time, the road and pavements do need doing.

Did we all have letters!? I didn't

I definitely didn't get a letter!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android