Footprints on silver clay

Does anyone know how to make a rubber stamp from an image?

I have a footprint of my daughters...iv reduced it in size & I now want to imprint the image into silver clay.does anyone know how I would do this?thanks in advance x

I have never done it with silver clay but I would try using a lino block see if that works. I have done printing with blocks before and I would have thought that you should be able to make a "stamp" of your daughter's foot.

You will need a lino block and sculpting tools to cut/scrap the lino away. If you have never done it before remember to not cut too much of the lino away from the Hessian base as the lino gives it strength - it will become floppy if you cut too much away. I would cut round the footprint and leave the footprint raised, if that makes sense.

I think I've seen kits on TV where you use a photograph to make unmounted clear 'rubber' stamps. Do some Googling or look on ebay. I know some companies will make bespke stamps so its worth asking them if they can make a stamp from your photo. If I find anything I will pop back and post.

Iv looked around and googled till I'm all googled out!...looked on you tube too.just can't think how to make an imprint in the silver clay....iv heard you can make a negative of the image but as to what happens from there I'm at a loss!

Thanks for both your replies.iv googled & you tubed both your ideas but still at a loss! :-/

Quick Google and here it is.

http://www.photocentricusa.com/proddetail.php?prod=smessential

Perhaps I should have explained to use the works UV stamp kit in the search, sorry. I haven't got time to find a UK source but this is what you are looking for. I first saw it on something like create and craft. If you only want it for a one off it may be better to email some of the sellers on ebay that make bespoke craft stamps (the clear polymer ones).

Hope that helps.

Wow!thanks for that iv just looked at the link and it looks fab!

Will have a look around now I know what I'm looking for.

Thanks so much :)

Glad I could help.