Share your views on being shy

I had an assessed "Moot" at uni the other day and I'd worked myself up into a right tizzy over it, being scared that the "Judge" would ask me questions and put me on the spot and I'd clam up and go all red etc...

The best of it was, the appelants were 3 of my best mates at uni, so I don't know why I was fretting over it, cos I know they'd laugh at me and I can laugh at them :P:loopy: Its not like I had to impress anyone, other than the Judge... :loopy:

Oh my goodness, Caprice, how terrifying! It'd be bad enough having to take part in a Moot in the first place, never mind being judged on your performance!

I was feeling quite faint just reading your posting.

Well done you for getting through it - that just goes to show you're not going to let any shyness hold you up. Good on you :thumbsup:

StarSparkle

Oh my goodness, Caprice, how terrifying! It'd be bad enough having to take part in a Moot in the first place, never mind being judged on your performance!

I was feeling quite faint just reading your posting.

Well done you for getting through it - that just goes to show you're not going to let any shyness hold you up. Good on you :thumbsup:

StarSparkle

Aww thanks! :D Yeah I did pretty well considering I hate speaking aloud. I won't be doing the mooting module next year though, I just don't get anything out of it, its too scary for me!

I was one of the first people to do the moot, so all my uni mates are asking me for tips/advice now... wayhey! :D:clap:

I have read all the post with great interest,you see i am not shy .

The reason for this is ,i am not that tall so to make up for my lack of hieght i made myself noticed from an early age ,and did't take any crap from anyone.

And it still works for me,I was never bullied at school nor in the work place

i hold my own and i apologise to know one for my very wicked sence of humour (caprice were are your size sevens , still waiting).

I have read all the post with great interest,you see i am not shy .

The reason for this is ,i am not that tall so to make up for my lack of hieght i made myself noticed from an early age ,and did't take any crap from anyone.

And it still works for me,I was never bullied at school nor in the work place

i hold my own and i apologise to know one for my very wicked sence of humour (caprice were are your size sevens , still waiting).

Lol I'm waiting for you to put a foot wrong then I'm going to be right there after you... All 5ft6 of me... (See ~ another measurement for you...) :hihi:

Thats not the measurment i want,do i get them or not,Come girls i won't tell .

(Honest)

has anyone tried the self confidence course from that site?

http://www.self-confidence.co.uk/self.html

"You will receive the first instalment within a few minutes, followed by 6 weekly emails to help you build self confidence and beat low self esteem for good. I look forward to working with you!"

I think this has also messed up my life... as i could have made a million situations better than what they were..its just like a panic attack and you dont know what to do.

Has anyone actually cured this type of thing and maybe tried hypnosis?