Has anyone lost a chocolate brown male kitten in Glossop Road area

Found a chocolate brown/black male kitten approximately 4/5months old without a collar in the S10 area in my garden tonight. Its very friendly and very vocal! I'm taking it to be scanned for a microchip in the morning but wondered if anyone on here was missing him. Thanks!

aww Bless him , is he by any chance un- neutered? he could have wondered quite away if he is, At least you found him and are taking him to the vets.

Yes, he is un-neutered ill keep the forum updated x

Found a chocolate brown/black male kitten approximately 4/5months old without a collar in the S10 area in my garden tonight. Its very friendly and very vocal! I'm taking it to be scanned for a microchip in the morning but wondered if anyone on here was missing him. Thanks!

Poor little soul. Very young to be out on his own. Thank goodness you were there to help him out.

Sadly if he's un neutered it's unlikely he is chipped

This little boy isn't chipped so I have decided to keep him myself x

It might be an idea to try and find an owner first with posters, etc. Also call local vets and rescues to find out if any kitten has been reported missing.

please just put notices around for a while as you never know ! but i am really glad he has a home also keep an eye on RSPCA lost site just incase , well done

You certainly need to at least put him on here. I know you mean well but you could be taking someone else's pet.

http://rspcasheffield.homeip.net/cgi-bin/newfoundanimalreport.py

As someone who had 2 cats, I thought this might have occurred to you. You probably wouldn't like it if someone took one of yours.

Yes I know I'm going to put a notice in the local shop and that's why I asked on here in the first place and took him to be scanned for a microchip. I wouldn't just steal someones cat, I've had 2 cats myself that sadly got knocked down. I have also been checking to see online if anyone has posted an ad for a lost cat matching his description and have seen nothing so far.

---------- Post added 15-05-2013 at 20:27 ----------

I've just filled out the form you posted a link to also

Yes I know I'm going to put a notice in the local shop and that's why I asked on here in the first place and took him to be scanned for a microchip. I wouldn't just steal someones cat, I've had 2 cats myself that sadly got knocked down. I have also been checking to see online if anyone has posted an ad for a lost cat matching his description and have seen nothing so far.

Good. It's just that when you said "I'm going to keep him myself" it did rather sound as though you intended to make him yours without looking for an owner. I'm sorry to hear your cats were killed in such quick succession though I'd be terrified to have a cat & let it out if I lived on or near Glossop Road. :(

'had 2 cats myself that sadly got knocked down. I have also been checkingI to see online if anyone has posted an ad for a lost cat matching his description and have seen nothing so far.

---------- Post added 15-05-2013 at 20:27 ----------

I've just filled out the form you posted a link to also

Might it be worth considering whether where you live isn't suitable for cats if 2 have been knocked over in quick succession? Don't want to be a killjoy, and it might have been just an unhappy coincidence, so absolutely no offense intended.