I want my awning taking down one size where can i go

where can i take my awning as it to big for caravan i want it taking one size down thanks

Think C & N at Ecclesfield do them. Meant M & N

Edited by lyndyloo

might be better selling it and buying one to suit your current caravan.

where can i take my awning as it to big for caravan i want it taking one size down thanks

i wouldnt mess about with it like has been said just sell it and get one that fits

M and N Canvas at Butterthwaite Lane Ecclesfield do a great job, ignore sceptics - we have had few jobs done by them

M and N Canvas at Butterthwaite Lane Ecclesfield do a great job, ignore sceptics - we have had few jobs done by them

Its not being a sceptic is it getting rid of one that doesnt fit and buying one that does its common sense!!

Personally i dont bodge things and wouldnt want one chopped down to size id just buy a new one

Its not being a sceptic is it getting rid of one that doesnt fit and buying one that does its common sense!!

Personally i dont bodge things and wouldnt want one chopped down to size id just buy a new one

It will cost about £30 to have taken in professionally, you must have more money than sense if you buy a new one every time you change vans

It will cost about £30 to have taken in professionally, you must have more money than sense if you buy a new one every time you change vans

I can honestly say I dont know anybody that wouldnt buy an awning to fit their van who would instead choose to have one bodged :loopy:

when I had our Bessacarr we had 3 different awnings

now we have the Motorhome we also have 3 different ones all have different uses ie: lightweight [movelite xl], 1 with 2 annexes and a normal one [dorema challenger] all the lot of them were secondhand so presumably you can get a secondhand one for caravans aswell

Edited by sheffgrow

They are not bodged, you wouldn't know the difference and it will fit providing OP has measured correctly. £30 for alteration or £300 for a secondhand awning, I know which I'd choose:D

They are not bodged, you wouldn't know the difference and it will fit providing OP has measured correctly. £30 for alteration or £300 for a secondhand awning, I know which I'd choose:D

I've had this done in the past...and you can definitely tell the difference.

They reduce the size by shortening the floor to floor (awning rail length) usually with a couple of tucks in the roof area.

No alterations are made to the side panels or front panels.

It fitted....but hung very badly.

The result being crap.....and it was impossible to sell on .

Just sell it and buy one that fits is the best option.

I don't think I am being sceptical! Sell you old awning with the caravan, buy a new awning for the new caravan.