Bedroom Tax megathread

So if you rent from a private landlord and you have a spare bedroom due to

One of your offspring flying the nest do you get a charge same as if you are in a council house ?

So if you rent from a private landlord and you have a spare bedroom due to

One of your offspring flying the nest do you get a charge same as if you are in a council house ?

no charge unless you get housing benefit to pay the rent or its paid for you.

housing association apparently is slightly different but its still subsidized housing! so in effect a benefit.

no charge unless you get housing benefit to pay the rent or its paid for you.

housing association apparently is slightly different but its still subsidized housing! so in effect a benefit.

so you move the goalposts so it fits in with your above statement :roll:

yes maybe we should ignore UN advice and rulings as they seem pretty poor judges so far in many issues!! Camerons thugs?????? violated what rights?:roll::roll:

the bedroom tax only affects council tenants and housing benefit tenants, a private rental is in no way affected, so if you earn your own money...... you can have as many bedrooms as you like .......on the other hand if you want the taxpayer to fund or subsidize your housing dont expect more than you need:suspect:

I am not affected personally at all by the bedroom tax. I own my own property. When some poor sod living on THE MINIMUM NEEDS ALLOWANCE has some more benefit stopped it takes him below the aforementioned allowance........which I believe is illegal. But Tory thugs are above the law, they love to bully the disadvantaged, it gives then some sort of smug satisfaction.

I am not, nor God forbid, will ever be affected by this hateful tax. I am completely independent. I also have decency and empathy towards the less fortunate members of our society....................unlike cretins such as Cameron and IDS.

I reckon the UN are right, and if The Court of Human Rights becomes involved then the Tory bullies will finish up with egg on their faces.

There are issues to be addressed re the benefits system but starving people is not the answer, contrary to what the Torys think.

so you move the goalposts so it fits in with your above statement :roll:

how so??? is housing association subsidized or not? i was making a statement not an attack:suspect:

---------- Post added 11-09-2013 at 22:13 ----------

I am not affected personally at all by the bedroom tax. I own my own property. When some poor sod living on THE MINIMUM NEEDS ALLOWANCE has some more benefit stopped it takes him below the aforementioned allowance........which I believe is illegal. But Tory thugs are above the law, they love to bully the disadvantaged, it gives then some sort of smug satisfaction.

I am not, nor God forbid, will ever be affected by this hateful tax. I am completely independent. I also have decency and empathy towards the less fortunate members of our society....................unlike cretins such as Cameron and IDS.

I reckon the UN are right, and if The Court of Human Rights becomes involved then the Tory bullies will finish up with egg on their faces.

There are issues to be addressed re the benefits system but starving people is not the answer, contrary to what the Torys think.

so "i am alright jack"?? then nimrod? why do you care does it give you a supercilious feeling of superiority? this is not a tax in any way shape or form it is a reduction in benefit which is not needed....the less fortunate should get up off their backsides and do something about it even the guy that runs the disability testing for work is able to do something.

the issues for the benefits system is or should be means test everything and issue vouchers for essentials......ooooohhhhh watch the benefit claims drop like a stone !

how so??? is housing association subsidized or not? i was making a statement not an attack:suspect:

so "i am alright jack"?? then nimrod? why do you care does it give you a supercilious feeling of superiority? this is not a tax in any way shape or form it is a reduction in benefit which is not needed....the less fortunate should get up off their backsides and do something about it even the guy that runs the disability testing for work is able to do something.

the issues for the benefits system is or should be means test everything and issue vouchers for essentials......ooooohhhhh watch the benefit claims drop like a stone !

Classic rant ab.

The whole UN argument is utter BS. "Human Rights"? To get free rooms at the publics expense? How many other countries don't even have any kind of social housing? Are they all guilty of human rights violations? Shouldn't the UN be doing something about that, first?

Another Tory Boy. Yes, I am 'alright Jack', but millions ARE NOT.

Do you lot 'get off' on other peoples misery ??

Torys are sad people, they are not into creating anything, just depriving the poor beggars who have nothing.

Cameron is having the words 'decency' and 'humanity' removed from the Oxford Dictionary.

You sad,sad man.

Cameron is having the words 'decency' and 'humanity' removed from the Oxford Dictionary.

If you start spouting complete nonsense it makes you look like a complete fool who doesn't have a clue.

If you start spouting complete nonsense it makes you look like a complete fool who doesn't have a clue.

Another Tory Boy ?? You have taken a slap today..........get over it !!

The Torys are 'on the skids', policies must be changed, consideration for the plight of others must be shown.....................

As a lifelong student of social history and a general education regarding what is right and what is wrong I know present policies are divisive and inhumane.

I make no apologies for insulting Torys, respect has to be earned.

Consideration for the rights of others? Do you not thing giving people free homes at the expense of working people is showing consideration? And the additional £14 for a spare bedroom quite a good deal, all things considered?

Amen.

I'm in exactly the same boat, unlikely to be affected by this, but I think this "tax" is wrong. Ok, it's not a "tax" as such but it still means that poorer people are left with less money so it has the same effect.