Gym classes for under 5s?

The dance class thread prompted me to post this.

When my kids were little and we lived in NE Derbyshire I used to send my lad to Jim Joey classes, which were gym classes for little ones. My daughter later went to Tumble Tots. This was around 20 plus years ago so its no good me looking into this.

Does anyone know of any gym classes in Sheffield suitable for an active 3 year old boy? Preferably somewhere central.

P.S. Its for my grandson, and we will be moving to the City Road area shortly.

The dance class thread prompted me to post this.

When my kids were little and we lived in NE Derbyshire I used to send my lad to Jim Joey classes, which were gym classes for little ones. My daughter later went to Tumble Tots. This was around 20 plus years ago so its no good me looking into this.

Does anyone know of any gym classes in Sheffield suitable for an active 3 year old boy? Preferably somewhere central.

P.S. Its for my grandson, and we will be moving to the City Road area shortly.

My daughters went to a gym club called The Workshop which used to be at the Myrtle Springs sports centre but has now moved to Little London Rd.

They have classes for young children and if they progress, take them into squads for competitions. It is very good for those parents who need to go shopping for an hour or two on Saturday mornings.

The last time I heard the cost was about £3, it maybe a bit more now but the child would be able to run, jump, cartwheel to thier hearts content; supervised of course.

Hope this helps.

Does anyone know of dance classes aswell for my 3yr old drapers is all booked have just moved to woodhouse area but have a car so can travel

I can help you, I run BG gym classes for under 5s at Fulwood but also have the phone numbers of the classes held at Little London Road and Steel City, all of which are run by qualified British Gymnastics coaches. PM me for the numbers.

I know of dance lesson,s for 3yr,s and upwards. It is in Chesterfield it,s called Direction,s. They do lesson,s on a Sat and a tue,s My grandson is starting on Sat. I will post more detail,s later.

:thumbsup: Gymnastics classes run at Don Valley Stadium all throught the week and on a saturday too! so get yourself down!!!!!:thumbsup:

tumble tots is great at killamarsh for active little uns.. the do gymnastics for pretty much all ages from 18months i think at graves leisure center.. think the classes there are only starting in december though. amanda holland school of dance is local and good

i can remember when children just went out to play.........

i can remember when children just went out to play.........

... and I can remember when the streets weren't full of cars with idiots behind the wheel :mad:

yeah, with most of those idiots being the doting parents ferrying thier little darlings from one controlled environment to the next