Website ideas please

You seem to see it as been obvious that the information collected on a contact form will only be used to reply to a customers question.

No.

Replying to the customer's question is the obvious use of their personal data and you only need to state otherwise if you intend to use it another way.

That's precisely what the law states.

It says "the Act provides exemptions from notification for ... public relations". "Public relations" is legally considered an obvious use of personal data, which requires no notification (of the ICO or the customer). Public relations means relating to the public, which includes communicating with them.

If this wasn't the case, you would have to legally advise a customer every time you add their details to your business phone.

However this is not the case. All business store this information and use information in different ways. Thus a need for the privacy policy.

No they don't.

If you don't agree with this and don't want a privacy policy on your site then so be it. However I know this to be a breach of law.

It's not my site and no, you don't. In fact, at this point I consider you to be trolling.

You can consider me to be whatever you like.

Ill leave it there now has I have no wish to carry on replying to you.

Like I said - good luck, and all the best.

Lizzy :) xx

Hi Nekatom

I have had the same problem - ask yourself this question - does your web site "SELL"? or does it just have words on it? I'm in the process of giving my site a complete revamp because I just realised it screams at the viewer "this guy is the same as all the others". When I've completed the revamp it will tell the client exactly why there is only one accountant for him and your site should do the same. Not easy but you gota do it!

Good Luck!

John

Yes its not easy, i like the guy who did my site, he got me on 1st page of Google like he said. Just needs a bit of tweeking.

What terms are you searching for when you appear on the first page?

If I search for "Electrician Barnsley" I can't see your site?

What terms are you searching for when you appear on the first page?

If I search for "Electrician Barnsley" I can't see your site?

It's in position A for local businesses, which is the fourth result on the page for me.

It's in position A for local businesses, which is the fourth result on the page for me.

That's a bit different to being near the top of the organic results though, the map/local results don't appear on my results page so I don't see the site anywhere.

That's a bit different to being near the top of the organic results though, the map/local results don't appear on my results page so I don't see the site anywhere.

It is at the top of organic results for local businesses.

The first page organic results you see for other businesses are for websites that are not linked to Google Plus Local.

I'm surprised you don't see local business results. Google returns locally blended results for "electrician Barnsley" both on mobile and PC for me. What type of device and browser are you using?

Thanks for all the replies can the mods lock the thread now.

Mods only lock threads when they have become out of control/problematic/break rules rather than when you've heard enough replies.

And also it would be good to get an update from you after making your website changes, has the phone started ringing yet?

The one thing any web designer/seo should concentrate on is conversion. Not "being number one" and not "highest number of visitors". These mean nothing. Conversion is everything.