Issues in Page Hall/Firth Park

The Slovak liason officers need to be sacked as they are not explaining to their community what is and what isn't acceptable.

I have already put forward this point to someone who will bring it up at the next meeting.

The Slovak liason officers need to be sacked as they are not explaining to their community what is and what isn't acceptable.

I have already put forward this point to someone who will bring it up at the next meeting.

probably just happy picking up a wage for nothing.do you think i could get a job as a liason officer for my area ?

As far as I know there's only 1.he works Darnall aswell He is Slovak Roma We contacted him re next door as we had noise issues 10-30pm till 5 am, a broken drain and filling the garden with rubbish.He translated for us and things improved for a while. He came to see me last wk.

In reply to the comment about the mosques getting together for a cleaning program, I live at Page Hall and have to say the Asian community isn't the major offender. Not wanting to sound xenophobic but it is the newly arrived Eastern Europeans causing the majority of the rubbish problems. For example last night I was 40 yards away from home after walking the dogs a Slovak neighbour came down his path, eating a banana and when finished tried to throw it in my garden. He missed and left it, throwing the crest of it on the grass verge. I know this is only one example but I can cite many more. I have attended the monthly meetings and asked that details of basic behaviour be published in the Burngreave Messenger and that the local meetings held at the nearby click tower be visited. As of yet I have witnessed move of this. Also the council has employed a local Slovak Liason and again I have seen nothing happen, indeed at previous meetings all the residents have been met with has been a femake Slovak support worker weeping that they just want to belong.

I agree the community has to work together; but had to be the WHOLE community.

I will listen with interest to tonight's Radio Sheffield discussion.

I don't live on Page hall, but I took part in a litter pick on Margate Drive a couple of years ago.

None of the rubbish dropped around there was anythng to do with me or anyone I know, but we cleared about 20 -25 sacks of litter between us in a couple of hours.

We've done this in various areas, including Heeley, Sharrow, and Granville Road.

In some areas (like Margate Drive, and Granville road) residents came out to help us, others brought us cups of tea, by way of thanks.

It was good to know that we were making a difference to that area.

Miroslav has handed leaflets out to their community and also told them not to hang about in large groups.He told me some are taking notice others aren't.He was at the last few meetings.

Edited by lyndyloo

just listened to the original poster ali hussains interview on radio sheffield and im spitting bullets . ali hussain you have done your case no good by asking for more money to be diverted to page hall from fulwood or dore . educate the people in your area , its got nothing to do with money

---------- Post added 20-05-2013 at 23:22 ----------

They are on private land edging the pavement, I agree they look untidy but if its private land the council can't do anything.

---------- Post added 20-05-2013 at 21:42 ----------

We do but when the reply is a puzzled look than what are we supposed to do etc etc?

I pulled up a guy opposite my mums who had dumped a bed base outside his rented house and when I asked what he was doing as it has been there a day he said "van take away".

To cut a long story short he ended up saying everyone dumps rubbish everywhere so why shouldn't he.

I replied by chucking the bed base in his front garden and telling him that if he carrys on being a tramp than his landlord would be getting informed and he would also get his head kicked in.

Seems to have worked because its been a couple of months and no more rubbish has appeared outside his house.

if that mess was outside my house the council would do something

Yeah right,if so you sound as bad as them.

Don't talk wet, you don't know the issues around here and believe me if you did you would see why I said what I did.

---------- Post added 20-05-2013 at 22:33 ----------

Reads like you are steering the blame away from other ethnic minorities,by high lighting incidents about other ethnic minorities.

Problem is they are the ones who are causing the biggest problems although I stress that not all of them.

A lot of these eastern Europeans are fairly new around there. They are not yet used to the different ways of social habits.

Don't give up, with a little time showing them we clean our roads and don't want rubbish all over they will see us do that and they will notice their rubbish is not appreciated.

Other option is to take that rubbish and dump it on their doorsteps, but that is an violent act of war.

A lot of these eastern Europeans are fairly new around there. They are not yet used to the different ways of social habits.

Don't give up, with a little time showing them we clean our roads and don't want rubbish all over they will see us do that and they will notice their rubbish is not appreciated.

Other option is to take that rubbish and dump it on their doorsteps, but that is an violent act of war.

thats made my morning that quote!

Edited by Ms Macbeth
fixed quote tags

just listened to the original poster ali hussains interview on radio sheffield and im spitting bullets . ali hussain you have done your case no good by asking for more money to be diverted to page hall from fulwood or dore . educate the people in your area , its got nothing to do with money

---------- Post added 20-05-2013 at 23:22 ----------

if that mess was outside my house the council would do something

Thanks for the comment. Not helpful though.

What do you suggest?

Thanks for the comment. Not helpful though.

What do you suggest?

obviously you have not read my post properly , so i will say again , educate the people in your area , or do you want people from other parts of sheffield to pay to to clean up after them .

If his profits are taxed at 20% he'd be 'out of pocket' to the tune of £600. What is the 'something' that he can do?

Probably claim benefits since you asked....