Issues in Page Hall/Firth Park

Please tell me....

Where does integration fit in with your post. I thought these people LIKED to integrate into BRITISH society yet you yourself have just admitted that "SOME" people tend to colonize in certain areas :confused:

im not sure what youre getting at???

im not sure why pitsmoor, darnall, broomhall etc got colonised as you put it, im not up on the complete history, in my thinking its down to class, immigrants normally got shoved into poorer areas?

I preferred page hall the way it was before, but am not going to be as silly blowing up those things that only show how repressed English people can be.

There are also more important issues that have caused valid complaints but many of the cultural differences are talked about here as if it is not English it will not be any good. England is not the only place in the world and definitely not capable of comparing, judging cultural differences the way certain people here only express their racial frustrations.

It is not only the English who complain about this issue. There are complaints made by other nationalities in their countries about the Roma people. In Italy, residents came out to have a street party celebrating the forceful removal of Roma from their area.

They integrate as they develop and move away, just as we did.

What do you think happened to the blacks melthebell alluded to, they didn't disappear into thin air, they dispersed throughout the indigenous population and areas of residency! The same's happening with the Page Hall Asians now they're moving away and improving themselves otherwise there'd be nowhere for the East Europeans to live.

BF....I normally agree with a lot of what you say but this has got me totally baffled, are you saying that these people flock to cheap areas of the city?

---------- Post added 23-11-2013 at 11:52 ----------

im not sure what youre getting at???

im not sure why pitsmoor, darnall, broomhall etc got colonised as you put it, im not up on the complete history, in my thinking its down to class, immigrants normally got shoved into poorer areas?

Get shoved??

Most Asians I know OWN their own houses and several others??

Whatever happened to accepting people for who they are and not by race or colour

I'm afraid it's a human disease, one that we should recognise in ourselves and acknowledge is a shortcoming and do something about it.

I remember members of my family moaning about Asian immigrants (by this time West Indians had been in the UK for about 20 years). They failed to see that the discrimination they were perpetuating was the same discrimination excated on them by the indigenous-just different reasons (whites said we ate dog food, blacks said Asians ate babies ;) ).

BF....I normally agree with a lot of what you say but this has got me totally baffled, are you saying that these people flock to cheap areas of the city?

---------- Post added 23-11-2013 at 11:52 ----------

Get shoved??

Most Asians I know OWN their own houses and several others??

like i said i dont know the history of the places, im gathering the first wave of blacks and asians were put there rather than chose to live there, as time goes on more choose to move there as they have family and friends etc there

like i said i dont know the history of the places, im gathering the first wave of blacks and asians were put there rather than chose to live there, as time goes on more choose to move there as they have family and friends etc there

Maybe you should not make statements on things you do not know much about then....just a thought :)

Maybe you should not make statements on things you do not know much about then....just a thought :)

and why dont you try adding to the debate instead of trying to constantly point score? just a thought ;)

as i said i only know the area from 1988, sorry i wasnt born earlier to know it in the 50s and 60s when the first waves started moving there

I think by their nature immigrants flock to areas where they'll encounter familiar faces in an alien environment, even British ex pats do it. In the case of unskilled/low skilled migrant labour they'll gravitate towards areas of cheap housing because they simply can't afford better. {Note: immigrant consultant surgeons head to Ranmoor or Fulwood!}

As they grow within their new surroundings and become familiar with it then they move away to improve their lot, just as the indigenous seek to do.

It might take a generation for it to happen as children of immigrants, educated here and familiar with the language and culture move away from their parents. Their parents die and the property becomes available to new residents.

and why dont you try adding to the debate instead of trying to constantly point score? just a thought ;)

I am not trying to point score nor do I have a reason too :confused:

I merely asked you a question which confused me.

I think you will find that I did contribute to this thread on page one or two :)

---------- Post added 23-11-2013 at 12:03 ----------

I think by their nature immigrants flock to areas where they'll encounter familiar faces in an alien environment, even British ex pats do it. In the case of unskilled/low skilled migrant labour they'll gravitate towards areas of cheap housing because they simply can't afford better. {Note: immigrant consultant surgeons head to Ranmoor or Fulwood!}

As they grow within their new surroundings and become familiar with it then they move away to improve their lot, just as the indigenous seek to do.

It might take a generation for it to happen as children of immigrants, educated here and familiar with the language and culture move away from their parents. Their parents die and the property becomes available to new residents.

Thank you for a much more thought out answer which makes a lot of sense :)

I am not trying to point score nor do I have a reason too :confused:

I merely asked you a question which confused me.

I think you will find that I did contribute to this thread on page one or two :)

well in that case, instead of having a go at me for trying to explain how i see the areas history, you tell me how you think it became an area of high immigration?

Thank you for a much more thought out answer which makes a lot of sense :)

Cheers Ls, I'll leave you and mel to the bitch fighting ;)

well in that case, instead of having a go at me for trying to explain how i see the areas history, you tell me how you think it became an area of high immigration?

I would be happy to chat with you about my thoughts on how it became a High immigration zone but this thread is not about me, it is about the very serious issues residents are having in Page hall at the moment and it cannot be denied that the one minority of people are being named as the culprits time and time again, That name is the Roma.

Perhaps you would care to start a new thread on how the immigration in Page hall got too high and I would happily contribute to it :)

---------- Post added 23-11-2013 at 12:09 ----------

Cheers Ls, I'll leave you and mel to the bitch fighting ;)

:D

Some people are so quick to jump to the defensive is it unreal ;)