Issues in Page Hall/Firth Park

I'm not saying it hasn't gone downhill; I'm saying blaming it all on the Slovaks and Roma is a fools game.

the slovaks i talk too...do not have a good word to say about the roma population...actually call them scum...

I'm not saying it hasn't gone downhill; I'm saying blaming it all on the Slovaks and Roma is a fools game.

It's a mainly Asian area. Are you blaming the Asians for taking it downhill?

your so right .its just they are using the Slovaks and the roma as there personal whipping boys ,all this was said years ago when the aisian community moved there

your so right .its just they are using the Slovaks and the roma as there personal whipping boys ,all this was said years ago when the aisian community moved there

..and the blacks before that, who then made Asians their whipping boys before they moved on.

I preferred page hall the way it was before, but am not going to be as silly blowing up those things that only show how repressed English people can be.

There are also more important issues that have caused valid complaints but many of the cultural differences are talked about here as if it is not English it will not be any good. England is not the only place in the world and definitely not capable of comparing, judging cultural differences the way certain people here only express their racial frustrations.

..and the blacks before that, who then made Asians their whipping boys before they moved on.

Whatever happened to accepting people for who they are and not by race or colour

Whatever happened to accepting people for who they are and not by race or colour

thats what happened in places like pitsmoor tho

its a white area

blacks move in so its mainly a black area

asians move in

now eastern europeans move in

and the previous occupents feel a bit aggrieved that theyre losing their area to "foriegners"

it happened up here to a certain extent with places like loftus and staithes, they moved loads of people from boro there, mainly from places like grangetown and southbank, so those residents already there start to see changes in their local area / populations, less people they know etc

as for your quote thats EXACTLY what i try to do, i dont like one race over another

Edited by melthebell

I may be wrong as I am getting on a bit but can never remember Page Hall being a black area.thought that was Burngreave,I remember the Asians moving in about 20 years ago.

I may be wrong as I am getting on a bit but can never remember Page Hall being a black area.thought that was Burngreave,I remember the Asians moving in about 20 years ago.

ive only known pitsmoor / burngreave / page hall etc since 1988 and pitsmoor was always a mix of black, asians and whites and page hall was always mostly asian

Well we lived on Skinnerthorpe Road in the late 60's and weren't the only black family in the area although it was predominantly white. I remember my (white) stepfather boozing with his black mates in The Limes slightly further up the hill, although technically I guess that's slightly out of Page Hall. When we moved out an Asian family moved in.

thats what happened in places like pitsmoor tho

its a white area

blacks move in so its mainly a black area

asians move in

now eastern europeans move in

and the previous occupents feel a bit aggrieved that theyre losing their area to "foriegners"

it happened up here to a certain extent with places like loftus and staithes, they moved loads of people from boro there, mainly from places like grangetown and southbank, so those residents already there start to see changes in their local area / populations, less people they know etc

as for your quote thats EXACTLY what i try to do, i dont like one race over another

Please tell me....

Where does integration fit in with your post. I thought these people LIKED to integrate into BRITISH society yet you yourself have just admitted that "SOME" people tend to colonize in certain areas :confused:

Please tell me....

Where does integration fit in with your post. I thought these people LIKED to integrate into BRITISH society yet you yourself have just admitted that "SOME" people tend to colonize in certain areas :confused:

They integrate as they develop and move away, just as we did.

What do you think happened to the blacks melthebell alluded to, they didn't disappear into thin air, they dispersed throughout the indigenous population and areas of residency! The same's happening with the Page Hall Asians now they're moving away and improving themselves otherwise there'd be nowhere for the East Europeans to live.