Issues in Page Hall/Firth Park

Did you read the whole of the paragraph of the sentence you quoted from? You're actually endorsing my point.

Even during my time on this forum Ive spoken in defence of Asians in Page Hall who are vilified by posters here, Romas are the new Asian, just as Asians were the new black ;)

When the 'blacks' came over they were mostly of the same religion.

When all this multi-cultural experiment goes t*ts up, the trouble will be on religious grounds. BIG DIFFERENCE !

More police time is wasted in one day in pagehall than there has ever, just moving people on like cat and mouse. This didnt happen in 60's, 70's or 80's did it bf? You didnt throw mattresses into the street did you? Where there 15 people living in your house bf? Or your neighbours. Its common today ( and yes ive counted).

your posts are normally quite good but on this one I thunk youre out of touch.

Bf when was the last you spent any time in pagehall?

You may be aware of or have read about the residents group that walks the area at night, most of them are white english people.

---------- Post added 21-10-2013 at 19:36 ----------

More police time is wasted in one day in pagehall than there has ever, just moving people on like cat and mouse. This didnt happen in 60's, 70's or 80's did it bf? You didnt throw mattresses into the street did you? Where there 15 people living in your house bf? Or your neighbours. Its common today ( and yes ive counted).

your posts are normally quite good but on this one I thunk youre out of touch.

Bf when was the last you spent any time in pagehall?

You may be aware of or have read about the residents group that walks the area at night, most of them are white english people.

PAKS4 Im not at all in disagreement with you, I don't doubt that life in Page Hall is pretty miserable for the locals, and it's many, many years since I spent any time down there, my friends and family have all moved away. But this makes my point, I hated Page Hall when I lived there, we suffered it rather than enjoyed it..that's why I choose not to live there now.

Judgements about newcomers is all relative. Today it's Romas chucking mattresses out of windows, spitting in the street and basically making a nuisance of themselves, 40 years ago the shock and awe was created by West Indians selling ganga, having parties into the early hours, getting p****, knifing each other and running prostitution..oh and of course we all ate dog food.

Once again, I've sympathy for your plight and the police should undoubtedly be cracking down hard on repeat miscreants, but Page Hall has always been an impoverished area that immigrants gravitate to..because they can afford to live there around familiar faces. If your aspirations are higher than theirs then it's time to move on, it sounds like you've outgrown it, Page Hall will never fundamentally change, just as Parson Cross, Manor and Southey won't either.

Did you read the whole of the paragraph of the sentence you quoted from? You're actually endorsing my point.

Even during my time on this forum Ive spoken in defence of Asians in Page Hall who are vilified by posters here, Romas are the new Asian, just as Asians were the new black ;)

Romas are the new Asian! How did you come to that conclusion? Please explain :loopy:

Romas are the new Asian! How did you come to that conclusion? Please explain :loopy:

It's not hard; once upon a time, the local indigenous population of Page Hall were white English people, who had to deal with an influx of people in the area who were from a very different culture, typically Asian. Now, after many many years, the area is facing a new influx of people who are from a very different culture, typically Roma.

Hence.. 'Roma are the new Asian'.

It's not hard; once upon a time, the local indigenous population of Page Hall were white English people, who had to deal with an influx of people in the area who were from a very different culture, typically Asian. Now, after many many years, the area is facing a new influx of people who are from a very different culture, typically Roma.

Hence.. 'Roma are the new Asian'.

So your telling me if somehow miraculously hundreds of Americans moved into page hall tomorrow, you will refer to them as the new Roma :huh::roll:

So your telling me if somehow miraculously hundreds of Americans moved into page hall tomorrow, you will refer to them as the new Roma :huh::roll:

Seeing as I don't live there, I don't really care what you would refer to them as, so.. yes, sure, why not.

Seeing as I don't live there, I don't really care what you would refer to them as, so.. yes, sure, why not.

Then I would say your point is moot :D

When the 'blacks' came over they were mostly of the same religion.

When all this multi-cultural experiment goes t*ts up, the trouble will be on religious grounds. BIG DIFFERENCE !

OB you're still missing my point, to the indigenous 40+ years ago black were not universally well regarded.

I'll share a laugh with you..in 1968 my grandad bought a new Hillman Hunter Estate from Pickfords and proudly he took it home. The next day there was a knock at our door and the men of the street had turned up in their string vests, fags in gob, huffing and puffing, pitchforks sharpened, torches blazing...the reason for their indignation? Pops had bought a red car, which didn't fit in with their rusty sludge coloured buckets! I guess even if he'd got an ancient vehicle in beige there would have been something for them to gripe about. He also kept chickens, you can imagine how well that went down...all weird we Jamaicans tha knows :hihi:

OB you're still missing my point, to the indigenous 40+ years ago black were not universally well regarded.

I'll share a laugh with you..in 1968 my grandad bought a new Hillman Hunter Estate from Pickfords and proudly he took it home. The next day there was a knock at our door and the men of the street had turned up in their string vests, fags in gob, huffing and puffing, pitchforks sharpened, torches blazing...the reason for their indignation? Pops had bought a red car, which didn't fit in with their rusty sludge coloured buckets! I guess even if he'd got an ancient vehicle in beige there would have been something for them to gripe about. He also kept chickens, you can imagine how well that went down...all weird we Jamaicans tha knows :hihi:

Nice story BF. :hihi::hihi:

Im not missing your point though, maybe you are missing mine.

In the not too distant future, maybe 10yrs. This country in my opinion will see civil unrest on a major scale in lots of towns and cities.

It will be based upon on cultural differences as we are discussing now, with religious differences too.

Our politicians wont, or dare not (probably both) discuss these issues that concern us all.

When the unrest happens, we will see inquiry after inquiry as to why it happened. The answer is right here in front of us now. Its a clash of cultures basically.

We have become a 'mug' country, and a 'mug' continent.

Our politicians are to blame. :loopy: Simple as that.

Nice story BF. :hihi::hihi:

Im not missing your point though, maybe you are missing mine.

In the not too distant future, maybe 10yrs. This country in my opinion will see civil unrest on a major scale in lots of towns and cities.

It will be based upon on cultural differences as we are discussing now, with religious differences too.

Our politicians wont, or dare not (probably both) discuss these issues that concern us all.

When the unrest happens, we will see inquiry after inquiry as to why it happened. The answer is right here in front of us now. Its a clash of cultures basically.

We have become a 'mug' country, and a 'mug' continent.

Our politicians are to blame. :loopy: Simple as that.

Again, we're not a million miles away in thinking, I've consistently said that I favour strictly controlled immigration, not because I dislike immigrants but because I appreciate there are many citizens who do and their expectations need to be managed so we can all get along comfortably, or at least try to.

I'm a great believer in positive thinking though and not crying over spilt milk..the milk's been well and truly spilt in Page Hall and we need to look at ways of cleaning it up rather than creating a bigger mess, which will happen if a whole community of people are demonised-a previous poster felt he had no need to integrate with them because that would be appeasing their bad behaviour...I strongly disagree and attitudes like that are part of the problem.

The ONLY reason blacks are not seen as being threatening now as they once were is because people can talk positively about their experiences and interactions..we learn from each other.

There are many roads to Mecca, Mr Bloom. Not all my pals from Page Hall had the same ideas but many would regard themselves as fortunate, they didn't whine or deride others they just did what they had to do.

Young people today have opportunities whether they follow higher education or not- remember unemployment was high in the 70's, as were interest rates and inflation and university wasn't a natural choice for working class kids.

I'd like to wager that many of the children of the Slovakians being lambasted here will go on to be successful, in many cases more so than the children of the people who believe living in Fulwood is as likely for them as living on Venus.

I'm sure many young people now living in Page Hall will go on and achieve wonderful things, but that was not the point I was making. The point I was making was that it was much easier to be socially upwardly mobile for young people in your day than it has become in recent years and some of those that would have bloomed in your day will not get the chance, unfortunately.

There are also many people who do not measure their own success by the area they live in, or the car they drive, or the phone they use and there is also a lot to be said for that. I know very succesful people who could afford to do such things but choose not to. Where you live is as much about what you choose to spend your money on than how successful you are, in my opinion.

---------- Post added 22-10-2013 at 01:45 ----------

Don't forget the Paddy's BF, my father told me about the No Blacks, No Irish and No dogs signs.

I know. If you were a black irish wolf-hound there wasn't a cat in hells chance for you.

I'm sure many young people now living in Page Hall will go on and achieve wonderful things, but that was not the point I was making. The point I was making was that it was much easier to be socially upwardly mobile for young people in your day than it has become in recent years and some of those that would have bloomed in your day will not get the chance, unfortunately.

There are also many people who do not measure their own success by the area they live in, or the car they drive, or the phone they use and there is also a lot to be said for that. I know very succesful people who could afford to do such things but choose not to. Where you live is as much about what you choose to spend your money on than how successful you are, in my opinion.

---------- Post added 22-10-2013 at 01:45 ----------

I know. If you were a black irish wolf-hound there wasn't a cat in hells chance for you.

I agree.

I choose to live at Page Hall as I have done so all my life, I have brought my son up here and I have a lot of history here going back over a century. I am saddened at how the area has decayed, but won't be driven out by others who do it care about where they live so long as it has a roof.

I also agree that success doesn't necessarily have to be measured in materialism, but in what you achieve and the footprint you leave behind.