Issues in Page Hall/Firth Park

You tell anyone who says that to you to get stuffed!! why should you "interact" with them? it implies that their behaviour is partly your fault because of your failure to "interact" with them.

Have you taken nothing from boing's post?

They've chosen to interact with 'them' and had a mainly positive experience, despite their previous reservations.

Interacting implies no fault/blame on anybody's part, it's called trying to get on with your neighbour..if you try and they tell you to bugger off then fair enough you've learnt a valuable lesson.

If you stand on the opposite side of the road sneering at them, you've learnt nothing, but they've learnt something about you.

---------- Post added 21-10-2013 at 16:33 ----------

This is all down to a clash of cultures.

This multi-cultural experiment is taking place in our country, in our city, on our streets and in some unfortunate instances - right next door !

When will our politicians ever learn ? The answer is - when its too late.

We as Britons can learn. Vote accordingly.

Why won't you let it lie OB?!

It's not down to a failure of multiculturalism, it's down to intolerance and lack of ambition.

I've said a million times here I was a child of Page Hall, the offspring of immigrants..I hated it for all the reasons previously described, but I would have hated living on Parson Cross or the Manor too, and not a foreign face in sight.

The irony here is that many people complaining about the Roma's on this thread are of Asian descent. I remember we blacks (and whites) of Page Hall, denouncing them when they arrived in the 70's..inscrutable, antisocial, always cooking curries-funny how many West Indians had forgotten what had been said about them in the 50's, 60's..yawn, yawn, yawn.

The same people whining about multiculturalism wouldn't be leaping to live on the Manor if they had the choice, would they? Can you blame the historical problems there (and other failing areas of indigenous population) with anti social behaviour and criminality on multiculturalism?

Afternoon BF.

I wont let it lie because i see my ( our country ) slowly going downhill into a 3rd world country. Directly because we are feeding and catering for anybody who gets thereselves over here.

People are living here, reaping the benefits of our education system, NHS, social services etc, etc - and they havnt paid into the system !

You try walking into the Halifax bank and try accessing somebody elses savings. They wouldnt let you, its not yours. The persons savings you were hyperthetically trying to access will / may have saved for years to accumalate. Why should you be allowed to spend it all ?

I dont blame the Roma Gypsies, i blame previous and current governments.

Thank you boing.

Your efforts and hard work are appreciated. What you are doing is a lot more helpful then even me saying one negative word about the situation in pagehall. We are just talking about page hall while you are making contact, teaching English, investigating and doing the actual hard work here.

Could other people give boing some support for these efforts as well, this is the small beginning of a cultural integration, that does not happen instantly.

I would love to give a hand, would hiring a transit and bussing them to Dover help at all?

---------- Post added 21-10-2013 at 16:49 ----------

when you come from a country like theirs what can you expect. no manners no pride and no respect

You would expect them to change, to alter, to develop, to work. To seek to take an active part rather than sponge.

Afternoon BF.
..and to you too OB :)

I wont let it lie because i see my ( our country ) slowly going downhill into a 3rd world country. Directly because we are feeding and catering for anybody who gets thereselves over here.

People are living here, reaping the benefits of our education system, NHS, social services etc, etc - and they havnt paid into the system !

You try walking into the Halifax bank and try accessing somebody elses savings. They wouldnt let you, its not yours. The persons savings you were hyperthetically trying to access will / may have saved for years to accumalate. Why should you be allowed to spend it all ?

But none of that explains why Roma's are right now persecuting the beleaguered of Page Hall

..and to you too OB :)

But none of that explains why Roma's are right now persecuting the beleaguered of Page Hall

Exactly. They are not welcome by the majority. Thats why someone ( our politicians ) must take action.

Afternoon BF.

I am not arguing what you are saying but really find it strange talk from someone who calls him or her self open borders.

It should have been CLOSED Borders.

I am not arguing what you are saying but really find it strange talk from someone who calls him or her self open borders.

It should have been CLOSED Borders.

Closed borders around 20yrs ago when the EU started this experiment in my opinion.

Our politicians are spineless just to add to the nightmare.

Closed borders around 20yrs ago when the EU started this experiment in my opinion.

Our politicians are spineless ,

I don't really see what the problem is -immigrants move into very poor but mainly respectable working class areas. Work hard improve the areas and move on leaving the area better for the next influx. Just look at Darnall, Page Hall and Burngreave for examples. Plus according to politicians immigration is needed to look after our ageing population. Something to look forward to when you are in your dotage being spoon fed your porridge by someone unable to speak English in an O/s pink tracksuit.

Something to look forward to when you are in your dotage being spoon fed your porridge by someone unable to speak English in an O/s pink tracksuit.

Brilliant! :hihi:

Have you taken nothing from boing's post?

They've chosen to interact with 'them' and had a mainly positive experience, despite their previous reservations.

Interacting implies no fault/blame on anybody's part, it's called trying to get on with your neighbour..if you try and they tell you to bugger off then fair enough you've learnt a valuable lesson.

If you stand on the opposite side of the road sneering at them, you've learnt nothing, but they've learnt something about you.

---------- Post added 21-10-2013 at 16:33 ----------

Why won't you let it lie OB?!

It's not down to a failure of multiculturalism, it's down to intolerance and lack of ambition.

I've said a million times here I was a child of Page Hall, the offspring of immigrants..I hated it for all the reasons previously described, but I would have hated living on Parson Cross or the Manor too, and not a foreign face in sight.

The irony here is that many people complaining about the Roma's on this thread are of Asian descent. I remember we blacks (and whites) of Page Hall, denouncing them when they arrived in the 70's..inscrutable, antisocial, always cooking curries-funny how many West Indians had forgotten what had been said about them in the 50's, 60's..yawn, yawn, yawn.

The same people whining about multiculturalism wouldn't be leaping to live on the Manor if they had the choice, would they? Can you blame the historical problems there (and other failing areas of indigenous population) with anti social behaviour and criminality on multiculturalism?

The difference here is that the asians are and have integrated into the community and the romas living down there in Page Hall are not. Have you ever seen people of asian decent hanging about on the street late at night or into the early hours being drunk, shouting and being anti social? :rolleyes:

More police time is wasted in one day in pagehall than there has ever, just moving people on like cat and mouse. This didnt happen in 60's, 70's or 80's did it bf? You didnt throw mattresses into the street did you? Where there 15 people living in your house bf? Or your neighbours. Its common today ( and yes ive counted).

your posts are normally quite good but on this one I thunk youre out of touch.

Bf when was the last you spent any time in pagehall?

You may be aware of or have read about the residents group that walks the area at night, most of them are white english people.

---------- Post added 21-10-2013 at 19:36 ----------

More police time is wasted in one day in pagehall than there has ever, just moving people on like cat and mouse. This didnt happen in 60's, 70's or 80's did it bf? You didnt throw mattresses into the street did you? Where there 15 people living in your house bf? Or your neighbours. Its common today ( and yes ive counted).

your posts are normally quite good but on this one I thunk youre out of touch.

Bf when was the last you spent any time in pagehall?

You may be aware of or have read about the residents group that walks the area at night, most of them are white english people.

The difference here is that the asians are and have integrated into the community and the romas living down there in Page Hall are not. Have you ever seen people of asian decent hanging about on the street late at night or into the early hours being drunk, shouting and being anti social? :rolleyes:

Did you read the whole of the paragraph of the sentence you quoted from? You're actually endorsing my point.

Even during my time on this forum Ive spoken in defence of Asians in Page Hall who are vilified by posters here, Romas are the new Asian, just as Asians were the new black ;)