Issues in Page Hall/Firth Park

what a plonker.

I went to a meeting at a Methodist church hall recently and I'm not a Methodist.

In fact neither were the majority of people.

you call me a plonker, yet you don't know the difference between religion and ethnicity? They could hold the meeting in a church or a mosque and i'd happily attend it.

But it doesn't say the meeting is just for Pakistanis, it says the meeting will be at the Pakistan advice centre, so anyone can go along. Same as if a meeting about an issue was behind held at SADACCA, I wouldn't think ooh I can't go I'm not Afro Caribbean !

Could you not find a more inclusive place to hold a meeting? I'm not a Pakistani so won't be attending any meeting at an advice centre for Pakistanis. Pity there isn't a Page Hall advice centre for the entire community.

Romanians, Slovakians, English, Pakistani's, Africans, infact people of all races are welcome here and it is an advice centre for the entire community.

I was at the meeting and there were non Pakistani's also in attendance, it was held in the area that the meeting was about and was maybe the only place free at the required time.

---------- Post added 17-05-2013 at 04:09 ----------

no problem. I want to buy some meat. Can you recommend a good vegan shop i could buy some from?

Is it Quorn meat you are wanting or Soya meat?

I have been invited on the BBC Radio Sheffield on Monday at 7am to discuss the issues further.

Thank you all for your posts. Some helpful, some not.

If anybody has any practical ideas I could put forward please do reply.

I believe David Blunkett is coming on air.

I have been invited on the BBC Radio Sheffield on Monday at 7am to discuss the issues further.

Thank you all for your posts. Some helpful, some not.

If anybody has any practical ideas I could put forward please do reply.

I believe David Blunkett is coming on air.

Good luck with Blunket :hihi::hihi::hihi:He`s as useful as a glass hammer

From cllr Talib

"Next meeting is on 6th June.

Last one was last Thursday.

And it's always 1st Thursday every month at Pakistan advice centre at 6pm.

Regards

Talib

Councillor Talib Hussain

Councillor for Burngreave Ward

Member of Police and crime panel

E-mail .talib.hussain@sheffield.gov.uk

Mobile. 07894413952"

Hope he does not mind me posting his contact details...then again residents should have them. ;-)

---------- Post added 18-05-2013 at 21:46 ----------

Been invited onto the BBC Radio Sheffield at 8.07am regarding the issues. Anybody got any further questions please email me and I shall try (if given the opportunity) to put them forward.:)

Apparently, the topic of Page Hall was mentioned on Radio Sheffield this morning (I missed it,of course :roll: )

How did it go?

Have you thought about asking your local mosques to get together and do a litter-pick after Jummah prayers, on a Friday, perhaps? (for those who can attend) the Mosque I attend does this, in the area surrounding it.

I think this is an excellent idea!

Judging from comments aimed at the OP who's only trying to improve his local area (!), the general perception of Page Hall is that the people who live there cause most of the mess, so they should be proactive in cleaning it up instead of demanding 'the council do summat'. I can tell you that residents of other areas won't be happy if the litter droppers of Page Hall are seen to be 'rewarded' for living in their own filth by receiving even more council resources.

What about making it a regular community "thing" and get the youngsters to join in, and sow into them the mindset of taking responsibility for their area, and encouraging them to have a positive effect?

Again, an excellent idea. Give the kids an appreciation and sense of responsibility for the area in which they live.

Apparently, the topic of Page Hall was mentioned on Radio Sheffield this morning (I missed it,of course :roll: )

How did it go?

I think this is an excellent idea!

Judging from comments aimed at the OP who's only trying to improve his local area (!), the general perception of Page Hall is that the people who live there cause most of the mess, so they should be proactive in cleaning it up instead of demanding 'the council do summat'. I can tell you that residents of other areas won't be happy if the litter droppers of Page Hall are seen to be 'rewarded' for living in their own filth by receiving even more council resources.

Again, an excellent idea. Give the kids an appreciation and sense of responsibility for the area in which they live.

To be fair there is a Clean Up Page Hall Week and there are people who do clean up their community its unfortunate that there are more idiots who drop litter than pick it up

it reminds me of the half man Half Biscuit lyric " the council dont drop litter it people who drop litter"

They could hold the meeting in a church or a mosque and i'd happily attend it.

Then what's the big deal about attending a meeting at the Pakistani centre?

They won't bite you you know.

From cllr Talib

"Next meeting is on 6th June.

Last one was last Thursday.

And it's always 1st Thursday every month at Pakistan advice centre at 6pm.

Regards

Talib

Councillor Talib Hussain

Councillor for Burngreave Ward

Member of Police and crime panel

E-mail .talib.hussain@sheffield.gov.uk

Mobile. 07894413952"

Hope he does not mind me posting his contact details...then again residents should have them. ;-)

---------- Post added 18-05-2013 at 21:46 ----------

Been invited onto the BBC Radio Sheffield at 8.07am regarding the issues. Anybody got any further questions please email me and I shall try (if given the opportunity) to put them forward.:)

have you ever heard the saying

Dr heal thy self Clean up your own mess and don`t expect the rest of Sheffield to pay for it ............x

....they carn,t speak english

I love it when someone slags off someone else's English but can't spell.