Issues in Page Hall/Firth Park

all im gonna say on the matter is if ANYONE goes to DORE during the day they get street cleaners,im a taxi driver and see this in most of the areas surrounding dore, ive lived in s9 most of my life and realise that the council, like it or not help the more affluent areas in sheffield more than any deprived area.. sorry but i see this daily!!

With all due respect to Blueberry5, I live at Page Hall and although I do work out of town, I regularly see street cleaners on Firth Park/ Page Hall Road, so to say the Council targets more affluent areas is unfair. The issue relates to those certain individuals in the community who treat the area as their own rubbish tip. The grass verge outside my house is cleared of rubbish; but within hours it is nearly as bad again. Indeed, the other day someone dumped an entire My Little Pony child's bed on it!!

all im gonna say on the matter is if ANYONE goes to DORE during the day they get street cleaners,im a taxi driver and see this in most of the areas surrounding dore, ive lived in s9 most of my life and realise that the council, like it or not help the more affluent areas in sheffield more than any deprived area.. sorry but i see this daily!!

The mess they have is of there own making and I`m sure if your a Taxi driver you have been in the said page hall area ................x

I'm a taxi driver and I live in pagehall unfortunately, your post is total bolxxxks. My street gets cleaned atleast twice a week by the council, I see more street sweepers in pagehall than any other area ( excluding the city centre). There is only solution to this problem and that's on the spot fines for littering!

Well well...lots of replies and some of you think that I am doing this for myself. Not show how that happened. Don't even live in page hall any more. Bigger bins...thought this was an idea but obviously some of you think that this is the wrong suggestion. Instead of criticising (which does not get anybody anywhere) can some of you suggest constructive ideas.

I have seen the star paper in the link and glad that David is considering doing up the roads in the area.

Ali.

Well well...lots of replies and some of you think that I am doing this for myself. Not show how that happened. Don't even live in page hall any more. Bigger bins...thought this was an idea but obviously some of you think that this is the wrong suggestion. Instead of criticising (which does not get anybody anywhere) can some of you suggest constructive ideas.

I have seen the star paper in the link and glad that David is considering doing up the roads in the area.

Ali.

Try educating the people that live there that Litter goes in a bin and peeing in the street as I saw someone doing not less than an hour ago ...............Oh and yes I have moved out but have family there I have to travel through there clean up your own mess and don't expect the rest of Sheffield to sort it out for you ..........................x

Edited by sand_dollars

I don't think many people have actually read your first post, mate. That you're a local resident/member of the the public, trying to get people to go to a meeting to discuss the area's problems. Either than or they're getting confused and think you're the councillor for the area. One of the main problems with Sheffield Forum is that a lot of people have opinions and can't wait to spill them out on here, often aiming at the wrong target, like now.

I should think you're slowly losing the will to live? Hope the meeting goes well and you get good attendance. There's obviously a problem judging by the number of people who don't even live there who have an opinion, but no solutions so far.

Try posting it on Any Other Events or Evenings Out? ;)

I'm a taxi driver and I live in pagehall unfortunately, your post is total bolxxxks. My street gets cleaned atleast twice a week by the council, I see more street sweepers in pagehall than any other area ( excluding the city centre). There is only solution to this problem and that's on the spot fines for littering!

Spot on, but they'll just ignore the fines and litter anyway. Take a look at the integrated housing projects the Czechs tried with Roma and Czechs living together. The Roma made the Czechs lives hell, the Czechs moved out and the Roma stripped the buildings of anything they could sell and left hundreds of tons of waste (including dozens of tons of human waste) behind when they'd finally stolen everything they could sell.

God help us all when they can come en masse next year.

I used to live in firth park and every week I was on the phone to the council reporting litter in the street that people visiting people on the street just threw out of their cars while they were parked up. Also reporting fly-tipping and the dumping of rubbish outside houses including sofas, chairs, tables, toys, microwaves, fish tanks, carpets and mattresses.

I don't think there are any solutions to the problems round here.I have been going to the meetings for 12 months.We just go round in circles as Andygardner says god help us next year.It's a shame but a lot of decent people who have lived in the area for years are moving out they have had enough.

Consequences, thats the answer. People talk about posh areas getting much more attention, thats absolute drivel. The council do not do private gardens, just look at the difference in different areas. Cultural no pride, this is multicultural Britain at its worse. Fine them every day. You cant say what you think because the politically correct d--k heads will be out in force. Its always community this blah blah blah round there, we are all people and equal and as such enforce the f in law and stuff the community (police scared as racist card etc). Just enforce the law. Teenagers have got nothing to do so youth workers etc are apologists for behaviour decent people if they had nothing to do would not smash bus shelters etc. Gangs of youths round there intimidate people.

Youths are not the only ones who congregate. My neighbour and I had to phone 101 last week as there were at least 100 people assembled on the corners of Firth Patk and Bolsover Roads. The police had to come and disperse them. When I spoke to my neighbour afterwards she said the operator on 101 had asked if she was exaggerating at their numbers!!

Mrplodge is right, people are trying to leave, but no one wants to buy their houses. I have leaved here all my life and my family for over 100 years, so why should I feel likewise?!?

Fining is not the immediate answer as taxpayers will only end up paying as the offenders will not be able up pay. The council needs to approach landlords/ housing associations and tell them to make sure their prospective tenants know how to behave in the area or face the consequences.