Issues in Page Hall/Firth Park

Hi all

I'm approached by a number of residents in Firth Park/Page Hall regarding the litter and other matters.

I have asked the local counsellors to meet with us and was advised their is a local meeting 1st Thursday every month at Pakistan advice centre at 6pm.

I would appreciate it if anybody has the time to attend on the 6th June to show support that we are fed up with the constant litter in Page Hall and Firth Park. I will be asking for weekly black bin collections again as the litter problem seems to have evolved since bins were collected twice a week.

If there is anything else residents wish to talk about, please email me at hussain.legaljustice@gmail.com. Please do out page hall issues in the subject box to enable me to identify emails relating to this topic. I rarely go onto this site but will be checking it again before the meeting.

Many thanks in advance.

Ali.

I doubt more regular bin collections would help as folk in the described area just throw litter straight on to the floor. They also have a total disregard to many other laws such as driving, parking, loitering on streets. Of course folk know who I am on about!!!

I doubt more regular bin collections would help as folk in the described area just throw litter straight on to the floor. They also have a total disregard to many other laws such as driving, parking, loitering on streets. Of course folk know who I am on about!!!

The wombles?

Hi all

I'm approached by a number of residents in Firth Park/Page Hall regarding the litter and other matters.

I have asked the local counsellors to meet with us and was advised their is a local meeting 1st Thursday every month at Pakistan advice centre at 6pm.

I would appreciate it if anybody has the time to attend on the 6th June to show support that we are fed up with the constant litter in Page Hall and Firth Park. I will be asking for weekly black bin collections again as the litter problem seems to have evolved since bins were collected twice a week.

If there is anything else residents wish to talk about, please email me at hussain.legaljustice@gmail.com. Please do out page hall issues in the subject box to enable me to identify emails relating to this topic. I rarely go onto this site but will be checking it again before the meeting.

Many thanks in advance.

Ali.

Then tell the people who live in that area to keep it clean its becoming a right dump...used to be a real nice area I drove trough there the other day and it looks like a tip . some of the residents double park making it hard for other road users ..........Glad I left years ago and as for you getting weekly bin collections you haven`t got a cat in hell`s chance unless you pay for it clean up your own mess

Edited by sand_dollars

Totally agree, the litter is nothing to do with bin collections. I drive through Page Hall most days and have often seen people stood almost next to a bin but still throw rubbish onto the floor.

Totally agree, the litter is nothing to do with bin collections. I drive through Page Hall most days and have often seen people stood almost next to a bin but still throw rubbish onto the floor.

I totally agree with you they need to get there act together ...........x

---------- Post added 12-05-2013 at 19:05 ----------

The wombles?

Would that be Uncle Bulgaria .................:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Well, thanks to Mr Hussain for trying to do something about it - I bet he didn't expect an earful about litter!

Yes, there's lots of issues to address about respect/pride for property etc. first and foremost but at least someone cares about the area and is prepared to try to do something. It's nice to see that someone takes an interest for a change.

Duckegg

Well, thanks to Mr Hussain for trying to do something about it - I bet he didn't expect an earful about litter!

Yes, there's lots of issues to address about respect/pride for property etc. first and foremost but at least someone cares about the area and is prepared to try to do something. It's nice to see that someone takes an interest for a change.

Duckegg

Its his community that is doing it I`ve seen them lean on the bin and throw paper on the floor take a trip down there at anytime ..........x

1= Educate residents about litter and using bins.

2= Target the slum landlords giving houses out for £650 a month knowing that about 3 or 4 families are going to live in it.

3= The Pakistani Advice centre receives funding to help the newcomers so maybe use some of it to give advice out re littering and dumping rubbish etc.

I lived here for 30yrs and my parents still do, weekly rubbish collections is not the answer so please go back to the drawing board and come back with a better action plan.

Also the landlord licencing scheme being considered is not going to sort the issue out either, it is just another way for the council to make revenue.

Why doesn't the police move on the 20-30 people always around the bookies?

1= Educate residents about litter and using bins.

2= Target the slum landlords giving houses out for £650 a month knowing that about 3 or 4 families are going to live in it.

3= The Pakistani Advice centre receives funding to help the newcomers so maybe use some of it to give advice out re littering and dumping rubbish etc.

I lived here for 30yrs and my parents still do, weekly rubbish collections is not the answer so please go back to the drawing board and come back with a better action plan.

Also the landlord licencing scheme being considered is not going to sort the issue out either, it is just another way for the council to make revenue.

Why doesn't the police move on the 20-30 people always around the bookies?

Maybe he thinks he`s a special case..............:loopy:Mind you he has a lot to say on scam marriages in his other post`s ..........x

education and then if it doesnt work, fining the culprits who are stood there littering day in day out. its a tip and its caused purely by the locals stood around all day doing nothing else but spitting/littering outside the shops. catch em on camera, 60 quid fine every day until they realise its not going away.

Why should one area get weekly bin collections and not others?

The people that live and visit should keep the area clean