Play arena on Little London Road

After visiting this play arena i feel like i have to have a rant im fuming and need advice.We booked my grandaughters 5th birthday party there we paid the deposit when asked for it.Everyone started turning up and as i approached the reception desk i was asked in not a nice manner to settle the bill we was paying for 21 children so i asked if i could do it when all the children had turned up...............i was taken aback when refused entry till payment was made and we was made to wait in the reception with a few tearfull 4 and 5 yr olds...while waiting other people were going in the play arena and when they go through the gate it automatically locks in doing so trapping my 3 yr old grandaughters hand we had to shout at the receptionist to open the gate i asked for any1 that was 1st aid trained not 1 member of staff was trained............asked for some ice for the swelling we got a small plastic bag with a slush puppy inside it and asked again to settle the bill...we eventually went in the manager was there it took her 1 full hour to come and c us and she turned up with a slush puppy in a bag and a lollipop no 1st aid kit and asked rather rudely and menancingly to settle the bill 5 of the children didnt turn up due to sickness and we was still charged 4 them but didnt get their party food brought out....my grandaughters hand is a right mess and on showing the manager her reaction was lets not spoil the party....no discount no we r sorry and a £250 party bill its disgusting

is it not illegal to have no qualified first aider in a childs play centre?, i would deffo be making a complaint in writing and to HSE!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

if this is the one at heeley I have heard some VERY bad things about this place, the owner has been on this forum before trying to defend herself but did not have much luck, sounds like the quicker this place gets bought out or shut down the better

if this is the one at heeler I have heard some VERY bad things about this place, the owner has been on this forum before trying to defend herself but did not have much luck, sounds like the quicker this place gets bought out or shut down the better

Sounds very much like the place a reli of mine used recently.

They now wish they hadn't used them are are thinking about seeking a refund.

Found the one my reli has had problems with.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g186364-d3374915-Reviews-The_Play_Arena-Sheffield_South_Yorkshire_England.html

Just so we dont get confused and start slating the wrong place :lol:

Edited by Just Sarah

yes it is that one im disgusted with it and her

they didnt even have a first aid kit i got a plastic bag with a slush puppy poured in and asked not to make a scene and ruin the party the party had allready been ruined the moment we walked in to rude arrogant staff and management

Guest makapaka

When we went we booked for say about 12 kids at 4 yr old including games n food etc.

There were a couple of babies who were brothers / sisters of the kids that came along and just laid in pram as too young to play etc.

On way out we were charged full price for them and told we should have advised them of the right numbers, they were both about 4 months old !

The owner is a real Diva

might be worth calling up the council and reporting it

maybe try and get all the other people they have "stung" to also report their experience then they might do something!