Help please S35 - missing leaflets?

Leaflets are a decent way to advertise. but sadly the more is better. If you want to be certain the leaflets are getting out you need to post them yourself.

I've had people offer to post my leaflets, it would save time - but If I did that I reckon most if not all would end up in a river somewhere. Its less costly to post them yourself

Shef_fitness has a point- few months ago i saw a very big wad of leaflets in the feeder stream to Mill Pond/Carr Forge Dam(pond near under-road tunnel) in Shire Brook Valley; they were advertising a carpet company in Woodhouse if i remember right.

I have tried various forms of advertising over the past 11 years and found that advertising in a small circulation publication, say about 30,000 would result in just about.... nothing. Now that is only my experience, offering Man and Furniture Van-removals service, a kind of service that you do not use very often, and if you manage to hit on somebody that happens to see your ad before their move, you may get an enquiry.

So, don't be too dis-heartened or quick to accuse, most of said 'missing leaflets' may have been delivered, but, when you think of the size/numbers delivered, it's pretty small.

It would be interesting to know the return rate expected by the big firms that 'blat' a whole city or region...anyone!!??

Hi There, that was the reason for the posting on the Sheffield Forum, got some silly answers but some people came back on the forum & on Facebook. Not had anyone in the S35 area so far that has had one. According to the leaflet company 10,000 would only cover half of S35, but there has not been one response from the area & according to my research all the people I have contacted have not had a leaflet. Just a few & I estimate no more than 300 in the wrong target area. I am old school & when you do a job you do it properly. Given the right response & we only expected 1% to 1.5% we would have leafleted another area so this not doing the job properly does not work. Thanks for the reply Paul

Have you done any doorstep checks?

Hi There, no not done any doorstep checks, Thought the postings would be a good Idea, our daughter has exiting clients, friends & relatives in S35, but I have no objection to doing some door knocking to find out. The thing is that leaflet drops do work & with all the wasted time now its too late in the year to re leaflet. I suppose it depends on who they use to distribute, if they were printed, they must have been dumped by now. Cheers Paul

And the irony is also its good exercise! :hihi:

Very true :)

It kind of kills 2 birds with 1 stone for a fitness trainer.

Walking is great for toning up and it promotes the business

---------- Post added 29-05-2013 at 22:17 ----------

With a leaflet drop you have to remember the chances of one of the people who recieve one of your leaflets, who wants your service is pretty slim.

My target audience tends to be female 25 to 45 (the bulk of the class members) so for a better chance of success you need to be leafleting housing estates.

Thats not a certain sciences because you may stick 1000 leaflets through the letter boxes and not one person wants your service (perhaps they recently joined a gym). Of course, you could have leafleted on the next street (the one you didn't get to) and out of 10 houses, 4 people want your service.

At the end of the day, you can't prove the leaflets were or were not delivered. Nobody on the drop could have wanted your service - I've had that happen post 1000 leaflets and not a sausage comes, yet post 150 and 10 new people come to class. No exact science

I understand your suspicion but leafleting does not always work I've often send 5000 out in and around the south of sheffield don't always get a response in fact I'm thinking of throwing the towel in on them.

Edited by allwednesday

I saw a pile of leaflets on Springwood lane a few weeks ago hope this helps.

While on the subject anyone wanting any leaflets delivered on Wadsley Park Village S6, I would be happy to do it for free. No ulterior motives, I am semi-retired and find leaflet distributing a good form of exercise.

free advertising use facebook like everyone else uses.