Please help me recognise this house in Sheffield

I did wonder about Hangram Lane originally as the buildings are losely in the same style, and wondered if it was an amalgamation of several real houses into one idealised cottage.

However, just up the road a bit past the Norfolk Arms, you get this view

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll=53.349578,-1.56499&spn=0.000448,0.00101&t=h&z=21&layer=c&cbll=53.349578,-1.56499&panoid=334QsrAAFU6OvPtTnwDIrA&cbp=12,301.61,,1,2.85

Two windows, the door could have had a rounded top prior to the porch being fitted, another door to it's right, and the garden wall could easily have been knocked down & re-built when the junction was widened. The garden wall also looks newer than the ones at the other end of the terrace.

Now that I've composed this mail, and tried to view it, the two links don't seem to be opening correctly. It is of the last house in the terrace going past The Norfolk Arms towards Burbage, on the corner of Fulwwod Lane & Ringinglow Road https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll=53.349634,-1.565043&spn=0.000896,0.00202&t=h&z=20

looks pretty much like it to me...

I did wonder about Hangram Lane originally as the buildings are losely in the same style, and wondered if it was an amalgamation of several real houses into one idealised cottage.

However, just up the road a bit past the Norfolk Arms, you get this view

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll=53.349578,-1.56499&spn=0.000448,0.00101&t=h&z=21&layer=c&cbll=53.349578,-1.56499&panoid=334QsrAAFU6OvPtTnwDIrA&cbp=12,301.61,,1,2.85

Two windows, the door could have had a rounded top prior to the porch being fitted, another door to it's right, and the garden wall could easily have been knocked down & re-built when the junction was widened. The garden wall also looks newer than the ones at the other end of the terrace....

I don't think the house in the painting has two adjacent doors. From the proportions and curtains, it's a window behind the blueish garden gate on the lower extreme right.

[/color]

I don't think the house in the painting has two adjacent doors. From the proportions and curtains, it's a window behind the blueish garden gate on the lower extreme right.

Yes I think you're correct; me not looking closely enough :(

It could be, you mean the ones where Whitely Wood Road crosses the River Porter?

This place - I think you could be right:

http://www.panoramio.com/photo_explorer#view=photo&position=6739&with_photo_id=30376600&order=date_desc&user=1027207

I doubt it's Longley because it's out of HE Allen territory.

It certainly looks like Wire Mill Dam to me .

Just opposite the steps up to the Dam .

The roadway go's on to Forge Dam through the wood .

Hi , i realise it's a while since you posted this but there are a couple of cottages just of quiet lane , (mayfield valley) just as you turn up hangram lane , this could be it .

Hi , i realise it's a while since you posted this but there are a couple of cottages just of quiet lane , (mayfield valley) just as you turn up hangram lane , this could be it .

That was my guess (although it's called Woodcliffe not Quiet Lane from Carr Bridge towards Hangram Lane)

I think it is on the A57 on the approach to Hollow Meadows-the artist has exaggerated the bend in the road for effect.If you use Google map there is a footbath and bus stop nearby.

That was my guess (although it's called Woodcliffe not Quiet Lane from Carr Bridge towards Hangram Lane)

I looked at that exact location when I was trying to pinpoint the place during the summer. It seemed a likely candidate as it's not far from the artist's house on Banner Cross Road, but when I visited it didn't match the painting.

I looked at that exact location when I was trying to pinpoint the place during the summer. It seemed a likely candidate as it's not far from the artist's house on Banner Cross Road, but when I visited it didn't match the painting.

On the other hand, 80 or more years on, and as has been mentioned, possibly a bit of artistic licence?

Rivelyn valley post office? With a bit of creative licence...

nothing like it, i own that one in longley park lol

Just spotted this, which of the 3 houses do you own? Just curious as I know a couple who live there. :)

He's taken some liberties with the perspective, but I'm sure it's the green house set at an angle at the bottom of Ringinglow Road where it meets Ecclesall Road South The grey shape top left is Ecclesall Church.