Sheffieldish - words & phrases

Twenty Questions.

And your next object is,

A Bears arse, -

Rough, as a Bears arse......Some one's not made a very good job of that...:hihi:

Edited by grinder

Twenty Questions.

And your next object is,

A Bears arse, -

Rough, as a Bears arse......Some one's not made a very good job of that...:hihi:

Dog rough = Barely useful.

Come a cropper = land hard

Just a gnats = almost there!

My mother had a couple of sayings she used a lot.

1/ If I asked her if it was ok to bring a friend in the house,she would say.."Nay-ow,it's a reight pippy show in eer"

2/If I asked her where my school socks are etc: She would say.."Oh,up my arse ont second shelf"

My Dad went to the club every Sunday 12 while 2pm without fail, rain snow or blow.

After we'd finished our Sunday dinner and washed the pots he'd say "Am gunna get me head down for an hour." then he'd Bobby off to bed to recuperate for the evening secession..

My Dad went to the club every Sunday 12 while 2pm without fail, rain snow or blow.

After we'd finished our Sunday dinner and washed the pots he'd say "Am gunna get me head down for an hour." then he'd Bobby off to bed to recuperate for the evening secession..

I still say "gunna get me head down for an hour", sadly without the visit to club :(

Bits and bobs, odds and sods, bits and pieces, ....

A collection of miscellaneous objects of no particular importance...

Bits and bobs, odds and sods, bits and pieces, ....

A collection of miscellaneous objects of no particular importance...

Last week I was asked at the Canada customs, what we had bought in the US to which I replied 'odds and sods' . Had to explain it,'bits and bobs' didn't help much.

Last week I was asked at the Canada customs, what we had bought in the US to which I replied 'odds and sods' . Had to explain it,'bits and bobs' didn't help much.

Don't suppose it would have helped if you'd have said a load of rammel either ..:hihi: