Some posties realy annoy

some posties relay annoy me a postie came to post some letters

(he was a new one ) he opened the gate to the garden & I did have the dogs running round the garden as soon as he saw the dogs he left the gate wide open & legged it & straight away I had 3 basset hounds running round

on the road they have no road sense at all

luckily enough they never went far with the help of the neighbours

they helped me get them in the dogs wasn't even being aggressive they was just running round the garden playing I never know when the postie is coming sometimes they come early & sometimes they come at tea time

so its not like I know what time to make sure they are out of the way

but I was so mad dose any one else have problems with the postie leaving the gate open the one we usually has is relay good he always shuts the gate

& knows that the dogs wont hurt him I know some posties have had bad experiences with peoples dogs witch is fair enough I understand that

but he could of shut the chuffin gate before making off :suspect:

ive had posties not even bother deliver a parcel because of my gate, they just shoved a card through under it, and legged it, no dawgs or anything, ive lost count on how many times ive had to phone up and complain, and the guy who answers at the depo needs a class in customer service aswell ....fact

The postman we have is very good and always locks the gate. I find it to be other people that leave it open. If you go in through a closed gate then close it behind you on your way in and out. Wouldn't leave a gate open with a field full of sheep.

Unfortunately, the only way to make sure your gate is closed is to fit a spring closer :(

tony is going to fit a new gate when we are back from our holiday

one that is on runners that slides back & forward

& is going to open the gate back up on the path to the door with a spring

we are just getting fed up of it being left open people just don't shut the gate after them & it is so annoying but can't sort it out until after our hols :)

I apologise in advance for being critical, but I don't believe that it is acceptable to have dogs running loose in the situation you describe. It would be far safer if they were to be behind a second gate in their own enclosure. Irrespective of whether people close the gate or not, how do they know that your dogs are safe? It's the owner's responsibility to keep their dogs secure. It's no good relying on strangers to do it for you.

I apologise in advance for being critical, but I don't believe that it is acceptable to have dogs running loose in the situation you describe.

Not acceptable to have dogs loose in your own garden?

We bought a post box from Screwfix and attached it to the outside so that we could keep the garden gate locked and the postie doesn't have to come in.

I would never leave the dogs in the garden if the gate wasn't locked - anyone could have come and opened it. It seems a bit irresponsible to me.

It's absolutely acceptable to have dogs loose in your own garden. As I mentioned in the previous post the dogs would be much safer in an area that is not directly open to the road. It's no good putting signs on the gate and relying on people to read them. Visitors may be visually or physically impaired, unable to read, dyslexic, English may not be their first language - there are all manner of reasons. To trust a stranger to make sure dogs are secure is not satisfactory. The fact that the OP is complaining about it proves the point.

We bought a post box from Screwfix and attached it to the outside so that we could keep the garden gate locked and the postie doesn't have to come in.

I would never leave the dogs in the garden if the gate wasn't locked - anyone could have come and opened it. It seems a bit irresponsible to me.

That sounds like a good idea as yes people will leave the gate open even if you ask them not to.

I'm confused now. On this thread it's ok to have dogs in a garden yet on another it's irresponsible.

I apologise in advance for being critical, but I don't believe that it is acceptable to have dogs running loose in the situation you describe. It would be far safer if they were to be behind a second gate in their own enclosure. Irrespective of whether people close the gate or not, how do they know that your dogs are safe? It's the owner's responsibility to keep their dogs secure. It's no good relying on strangers to do it for you.

I was in the garden with them I was hanging some washing out they wasn't on their own

& im not being funny your saying I should let my dogs run round free in my

own garden :huh:

I saw the postie open the gate then just leave it unlocked when it was locked in the 1st place its on a catch im not in the habit of leaving unlocked

knowing I have dogs to think about im not that stupid :rant:

---------- Post added 10-05-2013 at 16:15 ----------

It's absolutely acceptable to have dogs loose in your own garden. As I mentioned in the previous post the dogs would be much safer in an area that is not directly open to the road. It's no good putting signs on the gate and relying on people to read them. Visitors may be visually or physically impaired, unable to read, dyslexic, English may not be their first language - there are all manner of reasons. To trust a stranger to make sure dogs are secure is not satisfactory. The fact that the OP is complaining about it proves the point.

& I only allow the dogs in the garden if im in the garden as well so I don't

think that makes me irresponsible :suspect: